Pregnancy

My adult son, my adult daughter, and her boyfriend were all booked in the same stateroom for our cruise scheduled in December ‘22. She just found out she’s pregnant so she and her boyfriend cannot go with us anymore because she’ll be more than 23 weeks along. My questions are 1) are they able to get their deposits back? And 2) is my son still able to travel alone and only be responsible for the cost of one traveler or does he now have to pay for a 2nd traveler even though there isn’t one?  Thanks!

1 hour ago, JamieK1024 said:

are they able to get their deposits back?

Since your cruise isn't until December, you're before final payment date. So you can cancel, subject to a penalty if you booked under a non-refundable cruise fare. If you booked refundable fare, you can get a full cash refund.

1 hour ago, JamieK1024 said:

is my son still able to travel alone and only be responsible for the cost of one traveler or does he now have to pay for a 2nd traveler even though there isn’t one?

Typically Royal Caribbean will charge a solo traveler a single supplement fee, which essentially is like paying for a second person.

You could leave your daughter on the reservation and have her no-show with no penalty. No money back, but that might still be a better financial arrangement depending on fare type you booked and price of the cruise repriced as a solo.