Indian food in main dining

I'm going on a cruise on Harmony this fall. Most of my family is vegetarian. I've seen in many different posts that vegetarian Indian food is offered every night in the main dining room, but I have yet to find a sample menu of the possible offerings. Anyone come across one or have any recollection of any dishes? 

There is usually always one vegetarian dish on the MDR menu each evening, but it is not usually Indian.

There is a nightly Indian dish on the MDR menu on European sailings but it is not usually vegetarian. I have not noticed any Indian dishes on the menu on US sailings.

Any time I have been in the Windjammer there has always been a vegetarian Indian dish.

If you speak to your wait staff they will almost certainly be able to get you an off-menu vegetarian Indian dish since they are usually making this type of dish anyway both for the WJ and for the many vegetarian Indian crew members.

Indian food (vegetarian or not) is generally not on the menu of the main dining room (especially on a US based cruise).  When people say it is available, what they mean is the wait staff is able to bring you food from the crew dining room which has a totally different unpublished menu.  The main dining room menu is based on the tastes of the average passenger (mostly US and Europeans) while the crew dining room caters to the tastes of a mostly foreign crew (foreign from a US perspective).  I've heard the crew is very willing to share their cuisine with those interested.

If you go in the app, click on dining and then "main dining", you can find menus for each night of your cruise. 

The main menu always has at least one vegetarian option but, if you scroll down under the kids menu, you will also see a list of available Vegan options. A couple of examples from one of my upcoming cruises are attached. 

In addition to those options, as others have mentioned I know of people having success in asking for some kind of Indian vegetarian options. I can at least promise no one will go hungry. 

sfsdfs.jpg

sssadfwe.jpg

21 hours ago, Jaegerfürst said:

I'm going on a cruise on Harmony this fall. Most of my family is vegetarian. I've seen in many different posts that vegetarian Indian food is offered every night in the main dining room, but I have yet to find a sample menu of the possible offerings. Anyone come across one or have any recollection of any dishes? 

I know that I've seen a lot of Indian food in the Windjammer.  So, if the MDR won't or doesn't have it to offer, I'm fairly sure the Windjammer will have, at least, some. 

On 6/22/2022 at 8:15 AM, Atlantix2000 said:

Indian food (vegetarian or not) is generally not on the menu of the main dining room (especially on a US based cruise).  When people say it is available, what they mean is the wait staff is able to bring you food from the crew dining room which has a totally different unpublished menu.  The main dining room menu is based on the tastes of the average passenger (mostly US and Europeans) while the crew dining room caters to the tastes of a mostly foreign crew (foreign from a US perspective).  I've heard the crew is very willing to share their cuisine with those interested.

Wut.  Windjammer had Indian food almost everyday we went.  MDR staff can certainly bring you Windjammer food plated up nicely.

On 6/23/2022 at 10:27 AM, CruisingNewb said:

Wut.  Windjammer had Indian food almost everyday we went.  MDR staff can certainly bring you Windjammer food plated up nicely.

I didn't say the Windjammer doesn't have Indian food.  The thread asked about the MDR.  I'll happily revise my statement to say the MDR staff could be bringing Indian food from the crew dining room or the Windjammer.  My point was simply that the MDR's kitchen is not making Indian food and that's why it's not on the official menu there.

34 minutes ago, Atlantix2000 said:

I didn't say the Windjammer doesn't have Indian food.  The thread asked about the MDR.  I'll happily revise my statement to say the MDR staff could be bringing Indian food from the crew dining room or the Windjammer.  My point was simply that the MDR's kitchen is not making Indian food and that's why it's not on the official menu there.

Sorry.  I thought that aside from the Specialty restaurants, the other dining options shared the same galley.  My bad.