Is the Owl still on the Oasis of the Seas?

10 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

I don't know, but for many reasons, I hope not. If it's there, and still alive, then it means the ship has a rodent problem.  Sure, some will eat large insects (but I don't think anyone wants those on board, either) fish (doubtful at sea) and birds (very large owls).

It does not mean that there is a rodent problem. The owl in question is a very small species and will be able to live on the insects and lizards that are in the Central Park area. Also when we were on board there was talk of some crew leaving scraps out to feed it as well.

20 minutes ago, Jolly Ogre said:

It does not mean that there is a rodent problem. The owl in question is a very small species and will be able to live on the insects and lizards that are in the Central Park area. Also when we were on board there was talk of some crew leaving scraps out to feed it as well.

Having cared for owls for a over decade, even if this is the case, I surely hope it's found it's way to land.  

And now next time I'm on an Oasis-class ship I'll be obsessed with finding insects and lizards in Central Park.

I saw him on our New Year's sailing. He was very cute and tiny! But he was gone on our Spring Break sailing. Probably moved on in search of food. I know there are small lizards in Central park. They are all over south florida and probably come in when they bring nursery plants to maintain the garden.