Celebrity Welcomes the Solo Traveler

twangster

A big pet peeve of mine as a frequent solo traveler is that Celebrity hasn't been very welcoming to solo travelers.  Today they have announced they are taking step to change that.

image.thumb.jpeg.19210198514c26481fb5eceeebdcb6b0.jpeg

What is yet to be determined is if they are carrying this through new love of solo cruisers with the Always Included, Indulge and Elevate plans which have to date required solo travelers to pay double the price for those plans based on double occupancy yet receive only benefits for one person.  

I haven't looked into solo cruise fare discounts to see how effective this will be but it is welcome news for solo cruisers who wish to sail with Celebrity.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Traveling Mike said:

I cannot find them.  Everything I am looking at or that is in the spreadsheet are 200% single sup

I imagine a lot of the single deals have sold out over the month and a bit since this was first posted.  You might find working with a TA can help find any solo deals that are still out there, if there are any.  

14 hours ago, Traveling Mike said:

I cannot find them.  Everything I am looking at or that is in the spreadsheet are 200% single sup

Infinity in September has some.  A2 Aqua Class - $1,441 solo or $2,884 for two guests for example.  

Keep in mind it's not every cabin on every ship.  They are capacity controlled so as others solos have booked cabins those cabins may not be eligible for the reduced solo fares on that sail date.

Edge Nov. 7 - ES Infinite Verandah - $985 solo or $1,782 for two guests.  

These are rates with Always Included. 

Sometimes the "no perk" rates are available for solo in cheaper categories.   

You might find working with a travel agent can help narrow down to something that interests you.