Best Bang for the Buck with Dining Package?

labdogs42

I'm sailing on Oasis starting this Friday and I bought the three night dining package as well as an Izumi reservation.  So, I have Izumi covered, what's the best bang for my dining buck with my three night package?  I'm still slightly confused about which restaurants have extra fees for things on the dining package, too LOL.  I know we want to do Chops and probably Giovanni's, thoughts on my third choice?  Any dining plan tips welcome!

Usually, the extra fees apply to a small number of specialty restaurants. 

Izumi has a $35 "credit" under the dining plan, but I believe if your purchase it a la carte it will be 1 small plate, 2 large plates and a dessert. With the dining plan the Hibachi option is an upcharge or $10-15 depending on proteins.

If we are doing best bang for buck, I would do Chops, Giovanni's and 150 CP. There shouldn't be any extra fees with these three as the seafood tower is no longer an option. Chops limits you to one entree but as many sides and desserts as you please. Giovanni's and 150CP will be all the food you want. The bread and fried cheesecake at 150CP is the stuff of dreams. 

When you booked Izumi, it should have an option for Hibachi. Since you did a separate reservation, it should have listed "Izumi Hibachi experience" or just "Izumi." Izumi alone is just the prefix menu I stated earlier. Hibachi will cost more, its listed as $45 for my Oasis sailing. If you want to do hibachi, you need to book Hibachi asap because it is very limited seating.

I don't know how many people will be in your party but make reservations as soon as you connect to guest Wi-Fi or head into any specialty restaurant asap after boarding the ship. I often sail solo, and like to eat after 8pm, so it hasn't been a problem for me. But capacity has increased, and people like to dine before/around 7:30, so that will be a popular time.