Cabin Assignments?

25 minutes ago, Suite Snob said:

If you elect to let Royal pick your stateroom for you, when do they let you know what your room assignment is?

As soon as you check-in you can view your set sail pass and use the "bar code trick." Either add the pass to your apple wallet (if an iPhone user) or scan it with a bar code reader. You will see a string of numbers under the bar code. The numbers after the dash represent your stateroom number.

As for when you get your official assignment, that can be any time. We've never gotten ours super late but I've read that it can be as late as just before you sail.

I'm currently waiting for my official assignments for a 7/15 & 7/18 B2B.

The Royal Q&A states that there is no definitive timeframe when your cabin actually gets assigned. It can happen at any point leading up your actual sail date. Royal Caribbean states a guarantee room assignment is made at some point between 5-30 days before sailing. Most of the time, a few weeks before the cruise your room is assigned

21 minutes ago, Suite Snob said:

What a deal, I like that!  Planning is so over rated!

The full story, I am actually, "asking for a friend".  I will never book a cruise without knowing what my stateroom is.  

But it's so much fun! Like playing the lottery! (I don't blame you.)

35 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

As soon as you check-in you can view your set sail pass and use the "bar code trick." Either add the pass to your apple wallet (if an iPhone user) or scan it with a bar code reader. You will see a string of numbers under the bar code. The numbers after the dash represent your stateroom number.

As for when you get your official assignment, that can be any time. We've never gotten ours super late but I've read that it can be as late as just before you sail.

I'm currently waiting for my official assignments for a 7/15 & 7/18 B2B.

This is a great trick, thanks for sharing. Has your room number ever changed once you’ve “knew” without actually being officially assigned?

13 minutes ago, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

This is a great trick, thanks for sharing. Has your room number ever changed once you’ve “knew” without actually being officially assigned?

This is the first time I've used it. My last GTY was in 2019 and I didn't know about the trick back then or if it even existed.

If either of my cabins change this time I will certainly share the info.

3 hours ago, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

3 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

This is the first time I've used it. My last GTY was in 2019 and I didn't know about the trick back then or if it even existed.

If either of my cabins change this time I will certainly share the info.

weve done several GTY cabins and have done the bar code trick.  We’ve had the rooms change a time or two but it was weeks before the cruise.  We love the GTY cabins and always book whichever cabin is cheapest.  We mostly cruise in interior cabins and don’t really spend time in the room anyway.

22 minutes ago, Reigert2008 said:

weve done several GTY cabins and have done the bar code trick.  We’ve had the rooms change a time or two but it was weeks before the cruise.  We love the GTY cabins and always book whichever cabin is cheapest.  We mostly cruise in interior cabins and don’t really spend time in the room anyway.

We’re very similar. I only care this time b/c it's a B2B & I’m not a fan of the location the bar code is showing for the 1st 3 nights. Hoping to switch and/or win a RoyalUp (we bid small amounts on small upgrades).

• 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Just came across this situation when just playing around with some dates:

Despite "pick your room" the only rooms available are GTY rooms.  Seems odd, but I'm sure there's a reason for it.

Do you mean you clicked on "Pick your own room" and the next screen only showed "XYZ Guarantee"?

If so, try clicking on the XYZ Guarantee button. I was looking at the same thing for 2-3 days before I did and when I finally clicked on it it actually showed me available cabins to choose from. Seems to be yet another Royal IT glitch.

16 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Do you mean you clicked on "Pick your own room" and the next screen only showed "XYZ Guarantee"?

If so, try clicking on the XYZ Guarantee button. I was looking at the same thing for 2-3 days before I did and when I finally clicked on it it actually showed me available cabins to choose from. Seems to be yet another Royal IT glitch.

That didn't work. Clicking on the "you pick my room" takes me right to the passenger info page. But "Pick my own room" takes me to a room selection page, but they're all guarantees and clicking one them takes me right to the passenger info page

image.thumb.png.dedf6b4b8176874aacd97fd0abf043c9.png