Royal Caribbean Booked 7 of us in two adjoining rooms that only fit 4 total

Royal Caribbean accidentally booked 7 of us in two adjoining rooms that only fit 4 total.  The booking was over the phone several months ago, but WE just discovered their error (and our cruise leaves in less than a week!).  We're a single family with 5 children, including some who are small children.  We have been on the phone with Royal Caribbean but they have only offered ship credit and to move us to two different rooms on two different decks, which does not work with small children.  Any recommendations?  Anyone know anyone high up at Royal Caribbean that can solve this for us?

53 minutes ago, ticoman said:

Royal Caribbean accidentally booked 7 of us in two adjoining rooms that only fit 4 total.  The booking was over the phone several months ago, but WE just discovered their error (and our cruise leaves in less than a week!).  We're a single family with 5 children, including some who are small children.  We have been on the phone with Royal Caribbean but they have only offered ship credit and to move us to two different rooms on two different decks, which does not work with small children.  Any recommendations?  Anyone know anyone high up at Royal Caribbean that can solve this for us?

What ship?  What staterooms?  When? Where?

Or, are you "Hit and Run", "One and Done"?

@ticoman we would love to help. What ship and cabin numbers? Sometimes the capacities are off are you sure it's not 4 persons cabins? It seems impossible they put 7 names in cabins that won't allow for that number. 

Sometimes when I price check if ship is close to capacity it will only allow 2 people per cabin as an example even though it can handle more.

17 minutes ago, Neesa said:

@ticoman we would love to help. What ship and cabin numbers? Sometimes the capacities are off are you sure it's not 4 persons cabins? It seems impossible they put 7 names in cabins that won't allow for that number. 

Sometimes when I price check if ship is close to capacity it will only allow 2 people per cabin as an example even though it can handle more.

We have found, also, that if you ghost search Royal's site, it will tell you one thing about a cabin and its capacity.  But, if you call, they will verbally tell you another.  I really think this happens more with suites than the others.  We have searched the website for a 2 Bedroom Aqua Theater Suite and wanted to book 8 people.  It was a no-go on the site.  We called Royal and it wasn't a problem.  TAs can help with that too.  

You are 100% right though.  Capacity vs. Availability are competing maximums.  Once you reach maximum capacity, bed availability means nothing.   

Quantum of the Seas, sailing June 27 out of Seattle.

Latest update is that they just automatically reallocated our rooms with an e-mail that "After completing an onboard stateroom audit of Quantum of the Seas, we found a discrepancy with your stateroom's capacity requiring us to move you to a new stateroom on our June 27, 2022 sailing."  We are now in cabins 9164 and 7290 - very far apart from each other.  We were in 12276 and 12274.

Edited by ticoman
Date error

10 minutes ago, ticoman said:

Quantum of the Seas, sailing July 27 out of Seattle.

Latest update is that they just automatically reallocated our rooms with an e-mail that "After completing an onboard stateroom audit of Quantum of the Seas, we found a discrepancy with your stateroom's capacity requiring us to move you to a new stateroom on our June 27, 2022 sailing."  We are now in cabins 9164 and 7290 - very far apart from each other.  We were in 12276 and 12274.

That is very unfortunate and inconvenient for a family of 7 with young children 😞

I've looked at two sites that show deck plans, one says max occupancy of 3 and the other says 4.  It's a damn toss-up.  That was for cabins 12274 and 12276.  9164 and 7290 the same.  But, as you probably already know, 9164 and 7290 aren't even on the same deck.  Something doesn't sound right.

8 minutes ago, Suite Snob said:

I've looked at two sites that show deck plans, one says max occupancy of 3 and the other says 4.  It's a damn toss-up.  That was for cabins 12274 and 12276.  9164 and 7290 the same.  But, as you probably already know, 9164 and 7290 aren't even on the same deck.  Something doesn't sound right.

They confirmed on the phone that both rooms are 2 person rooms.  They royally messed up here in their own booking system.

@ticoman I'm sorry to hear this has happened to you. I have two suggestions.

1. Reach out to Royal on their social media platforms, that can sometimes sting them into action because of the massive visibility.

And 2. Send an email to the executive office at mbayley@rccl.com. Flag it as urgent. Obviously, the top man himself (Michael Bayley) doesn't deal with these matters personally but he has a team that of people who do. Try to keep your email as concise and factual as possible and not get carried away with emotion however hard it will undoubtedly be.

I hope it works out for you and you will have a fabulous cruise. Please come back and let us know.

@ticoman yes something is amiss. This is unacceptable especially with the little ones. I figured it had to do with ships capacity, really unacceptable.

Send an email right now to ex-co@rccl.com and  mbayley@rccl.com 

Mark as urgent and state your case simply and plainly. I wrote to these addresses and had a turn around response in 24hours.

I also agree reach out on social media as well. 

Please let us know how it goes. I wish we could do more. Positive thoughts to you.

22 minutes ago, Neesa said:

@ticoman yes something is amiss. This is unacceptable especially with the little ones. I figured it had to do with ships capacity, really unacceptable.

Send an email right now to ex-co@rccl.com and  mbayley@rccl.com 

Mark as urgent and state your case simply and plainly. I wrote to these addresses and had a turn around response in 24hours.

I also agree reach out on social media as well. 

Please let us know how it goes. I wish we could do more. Positive thoughts to you.

1 hour ago, FionaMG said:

@ticoman I'm sorry to hear this has happened to you. I have two suggestions.

1. Reach out to Royal on their social media platforms, that can sometimes sting them into action because of the massive visibility.

And 2. Send an email to the executive office at mbayley@rccl.com. Flag it as urgent. Obviously, the top man himself (Michael Bayley) doesn't deal with these matters personally but he has a team that of people who do. Try to keep your email as concise and factual as possible and not get carried away with emotion however hard it will undoubtedly be.

I hope it works out for you and you will have a fabulous cruise. Please come back and let us know.

Thank you @FionaMG and @Neesa.  I have followed your advice and will report back.