Cruise to Bermuda $40 FEE???

Just got a notice from Royal indicating that   1.  All passengers MUST have an approved Bermuda Travel Authorization (TA) before arriving at the embarkation terminal .   2.  All passengers MUST be vaccinated and are required to upload their vaccine card at time of application.    3.  All passengers over the age of 2 years MUST submit an application and pay the $40 fee by Mastercard or Visa.     Needless to say I will stay on the ship and not tour Bermuda for the few hours we are there.  Imagine a family of 4-6 ?  What an absurd cash grab!

32 minutes ago, SnickerTail said:

You will have to pay the fee just to board, unfortunately, staying on the ship doesn't save you from the fee.

I just got off the phone and was informed that this is indeed a mandatory fee that ALL must pay regardless if they stay on the ship or not.

CRAZY

In the event that there is an issue with transmitting the negative antigen test via email…such as a computer malfunction…Bermuda Health will issue an Interim Travel Authorization which will allow passengers to board the ship at the terminal. Upon arrival in Bermuda, the negative test result must be presented to Bermuda authorities before the passenger is allowed to disembark. Makes sense as a passenger wouldn’t be allowed to board without the negative test.

20 hours ago, Larry Muster said:

$40 USD, so I think it's probably over $50 CAD.  I paid it in May and had a great time in Bermuda.

Thx. Its only a day trip back to ship by 4:pm What would you suggest to have a great time with limited time?  The ship is at the Royal Naval Dockyard.  west end I think.     Rent a scooter?  tour? Or just walk around the port? thx

@Eddy There is a man made beach a short stroll from the ship. Not as nice as the pink sand beaches that Bermuda is famous for…but convenient. 
There are water sports rentals on the pier, such as wave runners and small Boston Whalers you can rent. 
Nice places within the Dockyard area to visit and eat…such as the Clocktower Mall, the Frog and Onion Pub and Restaurant, Bone Fish bar and grill. There’s swimming with dolphins (pretty expensive)…or just wandering the grounds of the National Museum of Bermuda inside the largest fort, The Keep.
I recommend you just google ‘things to do at Bermuda Royal Navy Dockyard’ and you can check them all out.

1 hour ago, BrianB said:

@Eddy There is a man made beach a short stroll from the ship. Not as nice as the pink sand beaches that Bermuda is famous for…but convenient. 
There are water sports rentals on the pier, such as wave runners and small Boston Whalers you can rent. 
Nice places within the Dockyard area to visit and eat…such as the Clocktower Mall, the Frog and Onion Pub and Restaurant, Bone Fish bar and grill. There’s swimming with dolphins (pretty expensive)…or just wandering the grounds of the National Museum of Bermuda inside the largest fort, The Keep.
I recommend you just google ‘things to do at Bermuda Royal Navy Dockyard’ and you can check them all out.

I recall, doing those things some years ago.  I would like to venture out a little farther . I have googled lots....perhaps just a few hour tour ride somewhere?

23 hours ago, Eddy said:

Thx. Its only a day trip back to ship by 4:pm What would you suggest to have a great time with limited time?  The ship is at the Royal Naval Dockyard.  west end I think.     Rent a scooter?  tour? Or just walk around the port? thx

I did the scooter rental and loved it and highly recommend.  We did a self-tour of the coastline and hit downtown for lunch.