Wallgreen's Rapid NAAT Test

MS3

16 minutes ago, MS3 said:

Hello - Can someone confirm that the free "Rapid NAAT Test" offers by Wallgreen is acceptable to Royal Carribbean?  Has anyone successfully used it for boarding?  THANKS.

If it is proctored, and produces a lab report with a date, type of test, your name, and results, then it will work

Worked fine for us in Aug, Dec, and Apr, and planning to use it again in two weeks.  Fast, free, and easy.  Book your appointments on line one week in advance for best choice of time.  DW and I book b2b appointments, and drive up to the window together, never been a problem, results back in 2 hours or less even thought the tech said it could take up to eight.

Do Walgreen's offer in-store testing for those without a car? Or can anyone recommend a convenient place to have the tests done? Travelling to Orlando/Miami from the United Kingdom and looking for place to test before our cruise, can either be Orlando or Miami.

2 hours ago, Spang1974 said:

Do Walgreen's offer in-store testing for those without a car? Or can anyone recommend a convenient place to have the tests done? Travelling to Orlando/Miami from the United Kingdom and looking for place to test before our cruise, can either be Orlando or Miami.

Unfortunately, Walgreens does require you to be in some type of vehicle.

image.png.92feff77d62015b275c0de88e3a69f32.png

I was able to schedule our Rapid Antigen testing for July 15th at the Kroger Little Clinic less than 3 miles from my house.  I called and talked to them because you can only schedule 4 days out on line.  The girl gave me the number for the scheduler for all US Little Clinics and was able to get the date in advance.  She wasn't sure if it would let her go that far out but lucky of me it did!  They are approved for travel so my stress level just lowered a bit.

On 6/20/2022 at 12:35 PM, Spang1974 said:

Thanks:) Love that we could show up on bikes, LoL. Any recommendations for in-store or in-clinic testing in Orlando or Miami (anyone)? 

@Spang1974, just returned from having my test this morning at my local Walgreens.  Results came back (Negative - yeah!) in about 40 minutes.  I asked the pharmacist who proctored the test about your question, she advised that some people are using Uber/Lyft and just scheduling a special service with either company in order to meet the requirement of being in some type of vehicle.  It was about 5 minutes of my time once I pulled up to the drive-thru and a very quick email with all the needed info.  Good Luck and have a great cruise!

7 hours ago, Keiffer-b said:

I asked the pharmacist who proctored the test about your question, she advised that some people are using Uber/Lyft and just scheduling a special service with either company in order to meet the requirement of being in some type of vehicle.  

We used a taxi to go through the drive through in Puerto Rico, to get our tests done at Walgreens. I thought the driver was going to get frustrated at how long we were in line, but he was getting paid based on the time, so he didn't seem to mind. 

I have had family members use this on our recent Oasis ots sailing. They are usually great. However one thing to think about is that if you don't get results within two hours call the pharmacy and have them print out a lab report copy as you want to make sure to pick it up. Some of our family members didn't get the results email till way after 24 hrs. 

8 hours ago, leesam82 said:

I have had family members use this on our recent Oasis ots sailing. They are usually great. However one thing to think about is that if you don't get results within two hours call the pharmacy and have them print out a lab report copy as you want to make sure to pick it up. Some of our family members didn't get the results email till way after 24 hrs. 

There was a 2 day or so span recently where the Walgreens e-mail system went down nationally which is likely what happened here.

That said, there can always be glitches and calling if it goes past 2 hours is definitely good advice. Worst case is they will print it as you said.