Diamond Plus - Buying DBP Plus Voom Pkg onboard

Just booked Harmony for next Sunday 6/26 ….. I know at Diamond Plus, you get 30% off the DBP by buying it onboard.  I think there’s also a discount for getting a Voom Surf & Stream Package onboard?

Is there a better discount onboard for Diamond Plus to buy the DBP plus Voom package onboard?  What’s the best way to purchase if you want the both the DBP and Voom Surf and Stream for the whole week?  

thank you 😊 

Don't know the answer to this, but ask yourself if there is a benefit to buying the DBP (at any price) when you already have five free vouchers as Diamond+.

This will vary by person, but you might do well to purchase the Refreshment Package instead and if you exceed five alcoholic selections any given day just pay for those as you go.

14 minutes ago, HeWhoWaits said:

Don't know the answer to this, but ask yourself if there is a benefit to buying the DBP (at any price) when you already have five free vouchers as Diamond+.

This will vary by person, but you might do well to purchase the Refreshment Package instead and if you exceed five alcoholic selections any given day just pay for those as you go.

Usually I get the refreshment package and my spouse gets the DBP, then I just drink the 10 free from between the 2 of us ……. I just wasn’t sure if it would be cheaper to get us both the DBP plus Voom package onboard …….. we both need internet and because of booking so late, that’s $300 for 2 devices in the cruise planner…… I’m guessing the internet won’t get cheaper before Sunday 

For the Voom question, each Diamond Plus person is eligible for 2 free nights worth of discount off the voom package when purchased onboard.  Typically that is ~$52-$54 per person off the full voyage plan, as long as you each get single device plans.  if you get two device plan, you will only get one $$ discount.  For me, I always wait until at least morning of Day 2 for the internet, because I don't like paying full price on embarkation day. 

I am pretty sure there is no diamond plus discount for the UDP/Voom combo while onboard.  You just get the 30% off UDP per person, and the separate Voom discount mentioned above.   

42 minutes ago, Peter D said:

For the Voom question, each Diamond Plus person is eligible for 2 free nights worth of discount off the voom package when purchased onboard.  Typically that is ~$52-$54 per person as long off the full voyage plan, as you each get single device plans.  if you get two device plan, you will only get one $$ discount.  For me, I always wait until at least morning of Day 2 for the internet, because I don't like paying full price on embarkation day. 

I am pretty sure there is no diamond plus discount for the UDP/Voom combo while onboard.  You just get the 30% off UDP per person, and the separate Voom discount mentioned above.   

thank you 😊 

2 hours ago, ChrisK2793 said:

Usually I get the refreshment package and my spouse gets the DBP, then I just drink the 10 free from between the 2 of us ……. I just wasn’t sure if it would be cheaper to get us both the DBP plus Voom package onboard …….. we both need internet and because of booking so late, that’s $300 for 2 devices in the cruise planner…… I’m guessing the internet won’t get cheaper before Sunday 

What reason do you give when you don’t buy two DBP ?? 

2 hours ago, Jason12 said:

What reason do you give when you don’t buy two DBP ?? 

They’ve actually only ever asked once when I’ve called to do that and that time I told them I was a diabetic and couldn’t drink much.  They said ok and that was it, no follow up questioning.  All the other times, they’ve just approved it straight away without even asking why I wanted to do it that way.  I just have to buy myself a refreshment package at the same time every time.

I have noticed though, that on some of our cruises with the OLD cruise planner, it’s actually let my spouse buy the DBP without me buying anything and without even having to call.  I don’t know if that’s a glitch in their system or what.