CoCo Wave Jet Tour

Hi! Still new to RCCL cruiser so bear with me please.

I have the Wave Jet Tour at Coco Cay booked with friends. I just realized that there may be an issue with the weight restrictions. I don't know their actual weight, but I want to be prepared in case. It says 375lbs is the max for driver and passenger.

Couple of questions about the Wave Jet Tour:

1. When do they weigh you? At check in or just before getting on? 

2. If there is a weight issue, would it be possible to replace the passenger with someone that isn't booked?

I would very much appreciate your help. Thanks!

@cruiserccl We did this in May 2019 to give context of the time that has passed.  They did not mention weight nor did they weight us.  My husband was the driver and I the passenger, we weighed well over the 375.  They just stuck us at the end and we were a lot slower than others due to our experience and weight.  Our daughter drove herself and I don't think she weighted enough, she's 120 soaking wet plus she has zero experience.

I don't think you'll have a weight issue but if you are over the limit you will be slower, but doable.  Switch people I don't think will be an issue as long as it's the same number of people booked.  if you booked 4 adults and keep it at 4 adults you'll be fine.  Mixing an adult to kid might be an issue due to different pricing and set up.

30 minutes ago, MicDay said:

@cruiserccl We did this in May 2019 to give context of the time that has passed.  They did not mention weight nor did they weight us.  My husband was the driver and I the passenger, we weighed well over the 375.  They just stuck us at the end and we were a lot slower than others due to our experience and weight.  Our daughter drove herself and I don't think she weighted enough, she's 120 soaking wet plus she has zero experience.

I don't think you'll have a weight issue but if you are over the limit you will be slower, but doable.  Switch people I don't think will be an issue as long as it's the same number of people booked.  if you booked 4 adults and keep it at 4 adults you'll be fine.  Mixing an adult to kid might be an issue due to different pricing and set up.

Thanks so much for sharing your experience. And I hope we have similar experience.

I was hoping that if they do weigh us, the do it at check in and if I need to switch the other adult for my daughter, I can do it before and instructional seminar.

I did book 4 adults and if I switch one of them with my daughter, it wouldn't be an issue since she's a teen (even though she only weighs 100lbs) so pricing wouldn't change. In that case, I would put my daughter with my husband and I would go with the other adult to keep the weight down. But I'd rather not and my daughter has no interest in going.

And I don't think they would be too much over the limit...maybe just around the limit. I was just trying to figure out what we can do if that happens. And I feel bad for not checking if there's a limit. I never even thought of it. Every time we book something that has a weight restrictions (ie. zip lining, rib boats etc), there has been a section where we need to put our weight.

I feel so much better now. Thanks again!