Pre cruise Covid procedures

Now that we are close and things are not as simple as they were the last time we cruised, do I have things right? 4 people in our family, 2 adults, 2 kids. One 9 year old fully vaccinated, one 6 month old unvaccinated. Us 2 adults fully vaccinated. We have to have our physical cards with us at the cruise terminal correct? 6 month old has no obligation at all right? No test, and obviously no vaccine? We leave on Tuesday so we need our pre cruise negative test on Sunday? Is all this right? Am I missing anything? We have uploaded our vaccine cards via the app, still verifying from Royals end. Thanks for any help. 

22 minutes ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Now that we are close and things are not as simple as they were the last time we cruised, do I have things right? 4 people in our family, 2 adults, 2 kids. One 9 year old fully vaccinated, one 6 month old unvaccinated. Us 2 adults fully vaccinated. We have to have our physical cards with us at the cruise terminal correct? 6 month old has no obligation at all right? No test, and obviously no vaccine? We leave on Tuesday so we need our pre cruise negative test on Sunday? Is all this right? Am I missing anything? We have uploaded our vaccine cards via the app, still verifying from Royals end. Thanks for any help. 

Yes - sounds like you have it right.  Definitely have original cards, passports/ids, and a printed copy of the covid test with you along with your sea pass.  Having everything printed speeds everything up.

26 minutes ago, wordell1 said:

Yes - sounds like you have it right.  Definitely have original cards, passports/ids, and a printed copy of the covid test with you along with your sea pass.  Having everything printed speeds everything up.

I wonder if it's not gonna be easy to get a Covid test on Sunday? I mean think it will be easy. We have a walk in docs office I have been tested many, many times. They have the rapid test where you actually see the clock on the machine counting down. 

Thank you for the info, I'm glad I pretty much have everything down for this new cruising reality. Hopefully we are all negative. 🤞

9 minutes ago, RCIfan1912 said:

I wonder if it's not gonna be easy to get a Covid test on Sunday? I mean think it will be easy. We have a walk in docs office I have been tested many, many times. They have the rapid test where you actually see the clock on the machine counting down. 

Thank you for the info, I'm glad I pretty much have everything down for this new cruising reality. Hopefully we are all negative. 🤞

I buy the home tests through Royal to avoid any issues.  They are easy to do and can be done anywhere/anytime.

37 minutes ago, wordell1 said:

I buy the home tests through Royal to avoid any issues.  They are easy to do and can be done anywhere/anytime.

Totally agree.  Just picking up the phone or logging in, without worrying about an appointment, at anytime, from anywhere, immediate documented results after the 15 minute processing time, is the best thing going, as far as I'm concerned.  

13 minutes ago, RCIfan1912 said:

But at the same time it's 99 bucks for a pack of 3. The walk in test is free through insurance. I mean I still might because it is nice to do it in the comfort of your own home. 

As I understand it, even the 99 bucks, or at least partially, can be reimbursed IF you have the right insurance.  I'm a Medicare and Tricare type person and I don't know if it is reimbursable by them.  I just paid for it out of pocket.  I would rather not get involved with the governmental bureaucratic B.S., even if they would pay for it.  For me, the 99 bucks is well worth the convenience and flexibility.  

Side note:  I have a stockpile of the "so called, free" government issued COVID tests, the "QuickVue" variety, which isn't a telehealth product.  However, what I will do in the future, if still required, I'll test using the QuickVue everyday for about 5 or 6 days out from cruising up to the last minute, the day of cruising, before testing officially with the telehealth/eMed tests.  That should help to avoid wasting a paid for test.  Heck, if I test negative two days out, I'd probably go ahead and test with the eMed as it will probably come up negative and it will be good to board, at least at today's standards.  But, I'll still test for the rest of the days leading up to the cruise.  I don't want to spread COVID around, if at all possible. 

17 minutes ago, Suite Snob said:

As I understand it, even the 99 bucks, or at least partially, can be reimbursed IF you have the right insurance.  I'm a Medicare and Tricare type person and I don't know if it is reimbursable by them.  I just paid for it out of pocket.  I would rather not get involved with the governmental bureaucratic B.S., even if they would pay for it.  For me, the 99 bucks is well worth the convenience and flexibility.  

Side note:  I have a stockpile of the "so called, free" government issued COVID tests, the "QuickVue" variety, which isn't a telehealth product.  However, what I will do in the future, if still required, I'll test using the QuickVue everyday for about 5 or 6 days out from cruising up to the last minute, the day of cruising, before testing officially with the telehealth/eMed tests.  That should help to avoid wasting a paid for test.  Heck, if I test negative two days out, I'd probably go ahead and test with the eMed as it will probably come up negative and it will be good to board, at least at today's standards.  But, I'll still test for the rest of the days leading up to the cruise.  I don't want to spread COVID around, if at all possible. 

Ooh great idea. I also have many, many of those free tests. I'm gonna also test 2-3 days prior to having to be tested for the cruise. Great idea, thanks. 

27 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Thanks.  I guess I just ignore the rules for the little ones as I have no one that fits into that category anymore !

Yeah, I was worried about that. I mean giving that crappy test to a 6 month old would suck. It sucks for me and I'm an adult. 6 month old would know what the heck was going on. 

5 hours ago, RCIfan1912 said:

But at the same time it's 99 bucks for a pack of 3. The walk in test is free through insurance. I mean I still might because it is nice to do it in the comfort of your own home. 

For me, the convenience is worth it. I worry about having issues getting an appointment in time. My last cruise was in Europe,  so it was easier to bring the tests. In the past,  every time there was a rise in Covid cases, it could get difficult to get a test.

We have used the eMed proctored tests since last September for the convenience. The cost is a small price for not having to go to the local pharmacy or pop up rapid test facility, if you can get an appointment. I came down with COVID on our last trip and used the government tests to check early for verification and again before taking the “official” test this past Friday with the proctor to make sure I was clear. Now onboard and waiting to set sail for another fantastic voyage.  Hope y’all have a great cruise. 

10 minutes ago, TXCruiser said:

For those who have cruised recently, how long does it take RC to validate your uploaded vaccine card info to the app?  I uploaded our family's cards 10 days ago and it still says, "we are validating your record".

Thanks!

Took about two weeks for ours, but don't worry, they will be looking at the physical card when you arrive regardless.

2 hours ago, TXCruiser said:

For those who have cruised recently, how long does it take RC to validate your uploaded vaccine card info to the app?  I uploaded our family's cards 10 days ago and it still says, "we are validating your record".

Thanks!

Same with us!  Don't know why it is taking so long....

2 hours ago, TXCruiser said:

Thanks!

I've had it be 3 hours for one cruise and two weeks for 2 other cruises. I wouldn't stress over it

I believe it took about 2 to 3 weeks for ours to validate.  But, as I understand it, they can validate it at the terminal on embarkation day if you bring the original, which you need to do anyway.  If true, it's no big deal if it gets validated or not, pre-embarkation day.  If that's incorrect, I'm sure someone will correct it.

I keep going back to the idea that Royal Caribbean, et al, are in the business of allowing people on their ships so they can make money.  Their not going to find reasons to keep you off.