Luminae on Edge🥩

SpicyCherry

We are sailing on Edge in December and are looking forward to experiencing The Retreat and the Fine Dining in Luminae. Does anyone have any input on their dining experience there? Quality of the food? Variety? Is it possible to order something not on the menu, on occasion, perhaps from one of the MDRs? Thanks 😊 

we were on Summit in the retreat in March. I assume the Luminae menu is the same between ships. The entire experience was incredible. Best dining experience we have had on 12 cruises that include Disney, Royal, and Celebrity. The staff are awesome, the food is incredible, you're going to love it. If you don't see something on the Luminae menu you like ask for the MDR menu and you can order off that as well. Enjoy!

5 hours ago, loki007 said:

we were on Summit in the retreat in March. I assume the Luminae menu is the same between ships. The entire experience was incredible. Best dining experience we have had on 12 cruises that include Disney, Royal, and Celebrity. The staff are awesome, the food is incredible, you're going to love it. If you don't see something on the Luminae menu you like ask for the MDR menu and you can order off that as well. Enjoy!

Thanks for the feedback. This was exactly what I wanted to know. I really like the variety of the MDR menu but don’t want to give up the opportunity to dine in Luminae. Looks like we have something special to look forward to. Thanks again!!

The service is definitely better as there's a better guest/crew ratio.    Regarding the food, there are good menu days and less attractive menu days.  If you're not satisfied with the menu on a particular day, you can order from one of the 4 MDRs also.  We've done that especially for appetizers.

9 minutes ago, cruisellama said:

The service is definitely better as there's a better guest/crew ratio.    Regarding the food, there are good menu days and less attractive menu days.  If you're not satisfied with the menu on a particular day, you can order from one of the 4 MDRs also.  We've done that especially for appetizers.

Thanks....I saw some of the menus in the App and some were, as you said, less attractive. I found the same situation, at times, in Coastal Kitchen aboard Symphony. I didn't think to order from the MDR menu but it was probably allowed there as well. Won't make that mistake again!!

8 minutes ago, SpicyCherry said:

Thanks....I saw some of the menus in the App and some were, as you said, less attractive. I found the same situation, at times, in Coastal Kitchen aboard Symphony. I didn't think to order from the MDR menu but it was probably allowed there as well. Won't make that mistake again!!

You can do the same thing at CK

• 6 months later...

As a Followup….we didn’t dine at Luminae nearly enough on our Dec 2022 10N Edge sailing…..We dined there maybe 2 times for dinner and 2 times for lunch. And it was at the end of the sailing. The food at Luminae was AMAZING!!! We so regretted that we neglected it in favor of Specialty Restaurant dining. We will not make that mistake again.

We have dined in Luminae on both M and S class ships. All were very nice and a cut above the MDR. The food was better. But the service and atmosphere were top-flight. We usually had reservations, but if we didn't or arrived early or late, the head waiter was gracious and we were seated immediately. Getting to know all the waiters, assistant waiters, sommeliers, etc. by name was very enjoyable. We have not sailed on an Edge-class ship. We are looking forward to Apex in May to experience that one. I don't think you will regret it.

On 1/13/2023 at 10:32 AM, rjweber3 said:

We have dined in Luminae on both M and S class ships. All were very nice and a cut above the MDR. The food was better. But the service and atmosphere were top-flight. We usually had reservations, but if we didn't or arrived early or late, the head waiter was gracious and we were seated immediately. Getting to know all the waiters, assistant waiters, sommeliers, etc. by name was very enjoyable. We have not sailed on an Edge-class ship. We are looking forward to Apex in May to experience that one. I don't think you will regret it.

We are on the Summit Feb 2024 and Beyond Dec 2024 and plan on making up for lost time at Luminae!! We too found the service top notch.

On 6/18/2022 at 11:12 PM, SpicyCherry said:

We are sailing on Edge in December and are looking forward to experiencing The Retreat and the Fine Dining in Luminae. Does anyone have any input on their dining experience there? Quality of the food? Variety? Is it possible to order something not on the menu, on occasion, perhaps from one of the MDRs? Thanks 😊 

Lucky you. I cant wait to try that ship. From all the reviews I have been reading, you are in for a real treat.  I wish Royal would step up their game the same way.  Coastal Kitchen needs an improvement.  But you are in a ship with fewer passengers and the cruise will cost more in comparison.  You get what you pay for I suppose.

On 1/16/2023 at 1:07 PM, Censored said:

Lucky you. I cant wait to try that ship. From all the reviews I have been reading, you are in for a real treat.  I wish Royal would step up their game the same way.  Coastal Kitchen needs an improvement.  But you are in a ship with fewer passengers and the cruise will cost more in comparison.  You get what you pay for I suppose.

Edge is a beautiful ship and you will absolutely LOVE the Captain. He was hilarious!! As I said previously, we really took Luminae for granted....I suspect it was because we thought it would be similar to Coastal Kitchen, which doesn't always 'blow up our skirts'. NOT!! Luminae is way better and worth dining there multiple times, both for lunch and dinner. We did not try breakfast but will remedy that situation on Beyond next year....And I agree with you that you get what you pay for. In my opinion, the extra you pay for Celebrity is worth it because you do get more.

17 hours ago, SpicyCherry said:

Edge is a beautiful ship and you will absolutely LOVE the Captain. He was hilarious!! As I said previously, we really took Luminae for granted....I suspect it was because we thought it would be similar to Coastal Kitchen, which doesn't always 'blow up our skirts'. NOT!! Luminae is way better and worth dining there multiple times, both for lunch and dinner. We did not try breakfast but will remedy that situation on Beyond next year....And I agree with you that you get what you pay for. In my opinion, the extra you pay for Celebrity is worth it because you do get more.

sold.

The breakfast at Luminae is terrific! Eggs to order, several different proteins, omelets with almost anything you ask for. I became a fan of their eggs benedict. BTW, they did not enforce any dress code for breakfast and lunch. I wouldn't go there in a swimsuit, but many times went before and after excursions on port days.

23 hours ago, rjweber3 said:

The breakfast at Luminae is terrific! Eggs to order, several different proteins, omelets with almost anything you ask for. I became a fan of their eggs benedict. BTW, they did not enforce any dress code for breakfast and lunch. I wouldn't go there in a swimsuit, but many times went before and after excursions on port days.

I am so on a eggs benedict BINGE right now so I will definitely try it!! Place we go to for breakfast near our home has a benedict with crabcake on a toasted croissant with hollandaise....WONDERFUL!!!!