Certificate of recovery - Rome

Has anyone successfully used a certificate of recovery and proof of past positive Covid test to board in Rome?  We will be going this route next week (6/26 on Odyssey) but I’m nervous it won’t be accepted.  Perhaps irrational fear? LOL!  My doctor’s letter has all the info Royal requires.  Just would like to know it was fine for others or if you had issues ..  thanks 

I’m not sure anyone will have an answer for you, since when European protocols first came out this spring they specifically stated that you could NOt use a certificate of recovery. Since that language has been removed I would imagine that now you can, but there may be very, very few that have tried. Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/18/2022 at 8:41 PM, SunnyDays said:

Has anyone successfully used a certificate of recovery and proof of past positive Covid test to board in Rome?  We will be going this route next week (6/26 on Odyssey) but I’m nervous it won’t be accepted.  Perhaps irrational fear? LOL!  My doctor’s letter has all the info Royal requires.  Just would like to know it was fine for others or if you had issues ..  thanks 

Hello! I'm wondering if you can tell me how this process went at the port? We are going to be doing the same thing next month. Did you just skip the test and take your recovery letters to the port? Thanks and I hope you had a great cruise!

@lilybelle527 I didn’t wind up using the certificate of recovery.  I knew we were now negative so we did get PCR tests (negative) and used those.  I figured it would be easier to go the standard route.  That said, I did have our letters of recovery too. Don’t forget a copy of your positive PCR test from that timeframe as well. Good luck.  We just got home from the cruise today. Odyssey was very packed with people but it was still fabulous.

On 7/5/2022 at 11:27 PM, SunnyDays said:

@lilybelle527 I didn’t wind up using the certificate of recovery.  I knew we were now negative so we did get PCR tests (negative) and used those.  I figured it would be easier to go the standard route.  That said, I did have our letters of recovery too. Don’t forget a copy of your positive PCR test from that timeframe as well. Good luck.  We just got home from the cruise today. Odyssey was very packed with people but it was still fabulous.

@SunnyDays Glad to hear you had a pleasant time. where did you get your PCR test?  I will need to do a PCR in Rome for embarkation. much appreciate any advice you can offer,  many thanks.