Transportation from Venice to cruise port

We are now about 30 days out from our Greek Odyssey, and I figure it is not overly early to begin a blog.  This is our third cruise since the pandemic, but it will be our first experience on a Quantum-class ship.  We have experienced every other ship class in the RC fleet and are looking forward to the Odyssey!  Ship itinerary:

Rome (Civitavecchia)

Sea Day

Santorini  (on your own to Oia RC excursion, hike back to Fira, dinner at Avocado on the way back)

Mykonos  (all day RC tour)

Crete  (independent food tour of Chania)

Sea Day 

Rome

We have a bit of a challenging travel schedule because we are doing a walk from the West Coast to East Coast of England after the cruise.  When I booked flights long ago, given our England excursion after the cruise, I booked round trip to London (it was also far less expensive than Rome).  The current flight situation was not part of my calculus, and I did not book flights from London to Italy at the time (big mistake).  In any event, I have managed to find flights from London to Venice where we will stay a couple of days before the cruise and then back to London from Rome after.  When I initially booked the flight to London, these local flights were very inexpensive.  Not so much now . .  . 😬

We are looking forward to Venice.  I have been to Rome and Florence, but not Venice.  Any suggestions would be appreciated!

From Venice, we are training to Rome to arrive in Saturday evening before the cruise.  Our entire cruise party is meeting at a hotel just next to Termini called NH Collection Roma Palazzo Cinquecento to stay the night before the cruise (hopefully, everyone will get there safely and COVID free).  We are then taking the train from Termini to Civitavecchia in the morning with a boarding time of around noon.  I am hoping that we can walk from the train station to the port without much problem (any insight would be appreciated!).  After the cruise, we are training back to Rome to stay at the same hotel and then flying back to London to start our walk.  

I love trip planning, but this one has been a bear: hotels in Venice, Rome (twice), London (twice), and thirteen separate towns in Northern England; trains in Italy and England; inter-Europe flights, and schedules for five busy people!  I think it is now done, but I expect to be disrupted by the unexpected.

Who is going?  It depends on the leg of the trip!  For the cruise, I am staying in a GS with my teen son.  Another son and DIL have a balcony cabin next door (I'm hoping that we can connect the two balconies?).  My sister has an inside cabin across the hall that I am guessing will be used almost exclusively for sleeping. 

On the cruise, we have the UDP.  I hope to reserve through the suite concierge as we get closer to the departure date.  I also need to work during the cruise, so I really, really hope the WiFi cooperates!

We have never been to Greece at all, so any suggestions/advice as to anything at any of the ports would be welcome!

• SpeedNoodles changed the title to Transportation from Venice to cruise port