Texas Hold’em tournaments

35 minutes ago, Koepper said:

$100 is the standard entry fee for the Texas Hold’em tournaments. Prize money is from the entry fees and is usually given to the top two players.

At night, you need 4 or 5 players to get a cash game going.

Are they still holding Royal Poker Tour satellite tournaments on the ships ?  I don’t think they e had a tournament for the past couple of years.  Just wondering if they’re still doing the satellites.

3 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Are they still holding Royal Poker Tour satellite tournaments on the ships ?  I don’t think they e had a tournament for the past couple of years.  Just wondering if they’re still doing the satellites.

The last time I saw a this was in 2019 pre pandemic. I have not seen it recently. I am itching to participate in one.

20 hours ago, leesam82 said:

The last time I saw a this was in 2019 pre pandemic. I have not seen it recently. I am itching to participate in one.

Same for me. The last time I saw the Royal Poker Tournament was pre-pandemic. 

Now there are multiple Texas Hold’em tournaments where top two player split a cash prize pool made up of the entrance fees. The nice thing is there is usually one tournament every sea day. The blinds go up very quickly however so you have to be aggressive with your play. The blinds are structured so the tournament is over within two hours.

Last month on Alure the buy in was $100 (1000 chips) and unlimited rebuys for the first hour for $50 (1000 chips) as long as you were below 1000 chips.  Some people bought in 4-5 times I know they are trying to get the prize pool as high as they can for the rake but it  wasn't fun until after the first hour. Just be prepared going in they will play any 2 cards knowing they can just rebuy