Weird Luggage Tag Question

Today is my 30 day time line for our Harmony cruise.  I looked a little bit ago and our luggage tags are there; however, they say "Gold Member" and not "Emerald".  Now only Hubby and myself are Emerald and the rest of our family is Gold so maybe that is the reason.  I'm guessing that it really isn't a big deal but want to see if this is something that matters or not.

I'm not too concerned really, but I just thought that was weird.

13 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I’ve had that happen a couple of times.  Not sure where that disconnect is, but it pops up from time-to-time.  It shouldn’t make any difference.

I really didn't think it was too much of an issue.  They only thing I can think of is that our 2 Granddaughters are in the same cabin with us and they are "Gold".  Our Set Sail says Emerald and has the "key" symbol in it so at least that one is correct.

Luggage tags serve ONLY ONE PURPOSE:  To allow the baggage handlers and the crew to get your luggage from the pier to the correct cabin.  The main important elements are:

1)  The correct cabin number--at the top, in bold.

2)  An even bigger number, also in bold...the DECK.

3) A boat shaped diagram with four quadrants--one colored in...This tells them which end of the ship and which side of the ship where they should send your luggage.

The other elements--Your name--maybe helps out if something else is wrong and they need to identify whose luggage it is by name.  Name of ship--maybe helps if there are more than one ship in port and it somehow gets to the wrong one. Date--maybe helps if your luggage gets lost and is sitting at the dock past your embarkation date.  Port--??? Yeah, if you were leaving from Los Angeles, why did your suitcase show up in Miami?  And, lastly, C&A status--that's just on there to make YOU feel good..."Do they know who I am?"

BTW, I recommend NOT doing the folding and stapling thing...buy yourself some plastic holders on amazon or elsewhere.  You can just cut out the actual tg part and slide it in and attach it by wire cable to your suitcase handle--keeps it sry, keeps itfrom getting torn off and you don't have to bring a stapler along on your trip.

816Mhj+Be9L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

15 minutes ago, Bruin Steve said:

Luggage tags serve ONLY ONE PURPOSE:  To allow the baggage handlers and the crew to get your luggage from the pier to the correct cabin.  The main important elements are:

1)  The correct cabin number--at the top, in bold.

2)  An even bigger number, also in bold...the DECK.

3) A boat shaped diagram with four quadrants--one colored in...This tells them which end of the ship and which side of the ship where they should send your luggage.

The other elements--Your name--maybe helps out if something else is wrong and they need to identify whose luggage it is by name.  Name of ship--maybe helps if there are more than one ship in port and it somehow gets to the wrong one. Date--maybe helps if your luggage gets lost and is sitting at the dock past your embarkation date.  Port--??? Yeah, if you were leaving from Los Angeles, why did your suitcase show up in Miami?  And, lastly, C&A status--that's just on there to make YOU feel good..."Do they know who I am?"

BTW, I recommend NOT doing the folding and stapling thing...buy yourself some plastic holders on amazon or elsewhere.  You can just cut out the actual tg part and slide it in and attach it by wire cable to your suitcase handle--keeps it sry, keeps itfrom getting torn off and you don't have to bring a stapler along on your trip.

816Mhj+Be9L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I have these luggage tag holders thankfully. 

It seems that Royal's auto-generating luggage tags default to the lowest C&A level of your group. My wife who is a D+ sailed with our youngest son who is Gold and the tags both came out as Gold. She called Royal and the attendant generated a new tag with the proper level for her and emailed her the PDF. You are right, it really does not matter what level is on the tag, it is only used to get your luggage to the proper cabin.

On 6/17/2022 at 10:38 PM, CrznTxn said:

It seems that Royal's auto-generating luggage tags default to the lowest C&A level of your group. My wife who is a D+ sailed with our youngest son who is Gold and the tags both came out as Gold. She called Royal and the attendant generated a new tag with the proper level for her and emailed her the PDF. You are right, it really does not matter what level is on the tag, it is only used to get your luggage to the proper cabin.

I know our cabin number is correct on them so I am not going to bother getting them changed.  Our sea pass has the correct info so we are good to go!  Now on to worrying about our Covid test and our flights (we are flying in the day before but that is still no guarantee with all the flight cancellations lately).