xSAILEDx Anthem of the Seas - Feb 12, 2023 - Feb 19, 2023 (7 Night Bahamas & Perfect Day Cruise)

Me! Second part of a b2b! Love cruising on the Anthem out of NJ in winter. The Solarium is the best place to be during sail out…fully enclosed in glass, heated, surrounded by tropical plants and trees, sipping a cool drink, maybe lounging in the hot tub or the cascading pool. Beautiful view at the very front of the ship as we sail out of the harbor, under the Verrazano Bridge with just meters clearance. Or, if you have kids under 16, in the family pool just behind the Solarium…heated, covered in glass, large space with hot tubs and the pool bar. The Anthem is a beautiful cold weather ship with lots of inside activities…and then, as the weather warms, the outside pool and sun decks are beautiful! The NorthStar, Rockwall, FlowRider and the iFly are great activities. And the SeaPlex is great! Don’t miss the shows…We Will Rock You in the Royal Theater and Spectra’s Cabaret in the fantastic Two70 venue with the robot screens are wonderful. Enjoy!

22 minutes ago, BrianB said:

Me! Second part of a b2b! Love cruising on the Anthem out of NJ in winter. The Solarium is the best place to be during sail out…fully enclosed in glass, heated, surrounded by tropical plants and trees, sipping a cool drink, maybe lounging in the hot tub or the cascading pool. Beautiful view at the very front of the ship as we sail out of the harbor, under the Verrazano Bridge with just meters clearance. Or, if you have kids under 16, in the family pool just behind the Solarium…heated, covered in glass, large space with hot tubs and the pool bar. The Anthem is a beautiful cold weather ship with lots of inside activities…and then, as the weather warms, the outside pool and sun decks are beautiful! The NorthStar, Rockwall, FlowRider and the iFly are great activities. And the SeaPlex is great! Don’t miss the shows…We Will Rock You in the Royal Theater and Spectra’s Cabaret in the fantastic Two70 venue with the robot screens are wonderful. Enjoy!

So excited! Our first trip on RCCL and being from NJ- THRILLED that we wont have to fly to cruise! 

• 2 weeks later...

We are going out of Bayonne for Thanksgiving week.  Same inteineary an trip that was cancelled in April 2020. First time we don't have to fly, we will be on vacation about 45 minutes after we leave the house lol. Glad we won't have the stress of flying etc.  

Question for maybe @BrianB

Thoughts on the Flow rider the first couple of days of this cruise since its in Novemeber.  Is it even open and if so, sounds like I should bring a wet suit....I can't get enough of that thing......even better if I am the only nut to brave it November

@JSB_Z51…I took these photos from behind iFly during sail away in March. It was cold! The FlowRider was flowing. You can zoom in and see most passengers were wearing wetsuits and some of the crew members were even wearing parkas! Even one brave(?) soul was wearing just a bathing suit.

2C94B2DB-2B31-491B-9E7B-5047E9B55361.jpeg

3A23C19A-66F4-4A2A-8B76-A53C1D5371AA.jpeg

We are going out of Bayonne for Thanksgiving week.  Same inteineary an trip that was cancelled in April 2020. First time we don't have to fly, we will be on vacation about 45 minutes after we leave the house lol. Glad we won't have the stress of flying etc.  

Question for maybe @BrianB

Thoughts on the Flow rider the first couple of days of this cruise since its in Novemeber.  Is it even open and if so, sounds like I should bring a wet suit....I can't get enough of that thing......even better if I am the only nut to brave it November

Thanks @BrianB, that answers my question, off to Amaz9n to shop for a wetsuit

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/3/2022 at 9:50 AM, BrianB said:

@JSB_Z51…I took these photos from behind iFly during sail away in March. It was cold! The FlowRider was flowing. You can zoom in and see most passengers were wearing wetsuits and some of the crew members were even wearing parkas! Even one brave(?) soul was wearing just a bathing suit.

2C94B2DB-2B31-491B-9E7B-5047E9B55361.jpeg

3A23C19A-66F4-4A2A-8B76-A53C1D5371AA.jpeg

My late November sailing is a few weeks away and my Wetsuit arrived from Amazon today.  I plan on being on the Flowrider as we depart NY Harbor.....wish me luck and preferably mild weather lol

• AshleyDillo changed the title to Anthem of the Seas - Feb 12, 2023 - Feb 19, 2023 (7 Night Bahamas & Perfect Day Cruise)
  • 2 months later...

The Super Bowl will be shown on many different screens around the ship. The biggest difference is…because it’s not the land-based telecast, the commercials are not the same. So we don’t get to see those great commercials. We get commercials about soccer and cricket. Otherwise it’s the same broadcast.

• AshleyDillo changed the title to xSAILEDx Anthem of the Seas - Feb 12, 2023 - Feb 19, 2023 (7 Night Bahamas & Perfect Day Cruise)