Excursions cancelled

Done

Royal Caribbean sent an email last night to us saying:

"Sorry, there’s been a change
Due to a change in plans, your onboard product below has been cancelled. A full refund will be issued to your original payment method within 14 business days.

Please log-in to your account or contact us at 1-800-398-9819 to select an alternative."

They cancelled and refunded every excursion we had booked for our August 12th sailing on Ovation to Alaska.  Our specialty dining purchases remain on the calendar but that is all.

Anyone else get a similar email?

17 minutes ago, SueB said:

The letter says onboard product below.  What did they cancel, all your shore excursions???  I am on Quantum in August, nothing yet.

The email did list the excursions cancelled.  I didn't paste that part of the email.  The only reason given was what I did paste, a change in plans. 

The cynic in me thinks they couldn't honor the price I paid for those excursions that we booked last September, 2021.  Pure speculation on my part!

It's possible the ship/itin was changed and when that happens they cancel everything.

When our Independence was shifted to Odyssey last year, I first found out because I got an email about our excursions being cancelled. I then went to look at the info in the app and saw they had changed the ship. The email about the ship change came a couple hours later and the website took over a week to update as they waited to see if anyone was going to refuse the switch. Maybe give royal or your TA a call and see if that may have happened.

26 minutes ago, CrimsonCruiser said:

It's possible the ship/itin was changed and when that happens they cancel everything.

When our Independence was shifted to Odyssey last year, I first found out because I got an email about our excursions being cancelled. I then went to look at the info in the app and saw they had changed the ship. The email about the ship change came a couple hours later and the website took over a week to update as they waited to see if anyone was going to refuse the switch. Maybe give royal or your TA a call and see if that may have happened.

I have been watching for another email from Royal Caribbean but none so far.  The ship remains the same on both the app and the web page.  I guess a call is in order.  Thanks

10 minutes ago, Toby said:

I have been watching for another email from Royal Caribbean but none so far.  The ship remains the same on both the app and the web page.  I guess a call is in order.  Thanks

I did find it impressive that the app had updated so quickly especially considering everything else was so slow.

Good luck! Hopefully they can explain what happened.

I just had this happen today.  It was only one excursion, but that’s all I booked.  I’m sailing with several family members and they all have all least one cancellation (unsure if they also only had one).  No follow-up email about a ship change and I did call but customer service had no answers.  

When we had this happen for our Caribbean cruise in April, it turned out to be because they were consolidating excursions.  Smaller excursions we booked got canceled twice, and the only ones left were cattle calls with over 100 people crammed on a boat (this was for a snorkel).  We didn't understand this dynamic until it was too late and really hated the experience.  

Not saying this is what is happening in Alaska, but it might be worth confirming group size if you rebook, and considering doing something with a private tour if you don't want to be in a crowd.