Cruise was a gift

CFP

Me and my girlfriend were gifted a cruise as a Christmas bonus by her boss. He paid for the flights, hotel the night before, and the cruise itself. We were sent the reservation number and the cruise is in our names. With RC having the automatic gratuity system, how will that work for us? Do we have to add a credit card to the account when we board the ship? For dining, will we be expected to tip? If we make purchases on the ship, will that be charged to the gifter or will we possibly need to pay in cash for everything? First time cruiser and I want to make sure the staff is taken care of so any help is appreciated.

16 minutes ago, Matt said:

When you check-in, there is an option to add a credit card for each passenger. If you prefer to split gratuities, then keep one credit card for you and the other for your girlfriend.

Then anything you pay for onboard, goes on your credit card.

Don't you have to put a C.C. on your account or a cash deposit before embarkation, regardless of whether you want to pre-pay gratuities?  It's never been an issue for me/us but I've witnessed people at the check-in kiosks in the terminal debating that issue.  

13 minutes ago, Suite Snob said:

Don't you have to put a C.C. on your account or a cash deposit before embarkation, regardless of whether you want to pre-pay gratuities?  It's never been an issue for me/us but I've witnessed people at the check-in kiosks in the terminal debating that issue.  

Correct. They could technically not fill that info out, but I wanted to highlight the CC info area so they can distinguish between the two.

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

There's a place under Uncle Sam's umbrella where you can get all the free cruises you want.

Not only that, but YEARS before iFly, the Coast Guard offered a similar feature on their Island Class cutters.  With berthing up near the bow of a ship that rode like a cork, when you were pushing through rough seas you could find yourself suddenly awake hovering above your rack for a hot second.  Good times in the "anti-gravity chamber!"

12 minutes ago, USCG Teacher said:

Not only that, but YEARS before iFly, the Coast Guard offered a similar feature on their Island Class cutters.  With berthing up near the bow of a ship that rode like a cork, when you were pushing through rough seas you could find yourself suddenly awake hovering above your rack for a hot second.  Good times in the "anti-gravity chamber!"

Was that Star Class?