RC is asking for additional payment on a lift and shift...

So we're supposed to set sail on the Wonder of the Seas next month after a year long delay on our summer cruise out from Barcelona.  We had originally paid in full for this cruise back in Apr 2021 back when it was supposed to be on the Allure and did a lift and shift to Jul 2022 after the cancellation and as such should have still been paid in full.  The ship was subsequently switched for the Wonder but this wouldn't have had any other impacts to us.  I just received an email from Costco Travel saying that RC was indicating that we had paid $1400 less than the full amount (which is incorrect) and that if we don't pay the additional amount then our cruise will be cancelled.  Has this happened to anyone else?  Very frustrated that I'm now going to have to spend possibly hours dealing with this headache.

TXCruiser

46 minutes ago, TXCruiser said:

So we're supposed to set sail on the Wonder of the Seas next month after a year long delay on our summer cruise out from Barcelona.  We had originally paid in full for this cruise back in Apr 2021 back when it was supposed to be on the Allure and did a lift and shift to Jul 2022 after the cancellation and as such should have still been paid in full.  The ship was subsequently switched for the Wonder but this wouldn't have had any other impacts to us.  I just received an email from Costco Travel saying that RC was indicating that we had paid $1400 less than the full amount (which is incorrect) and that if we don't pay the additional amount then our cruise will be cancelled.  Has this happened to anyone else?  Very frustrated that I'm now going to have to spend possibly hours dealing with this headache.

TXCruiser

I'd like to hear the results.  Please, keep us informed about this.

Ok, so the issue finally got resolved after 1 hr and 40 min with me waiting on hold most of the time while the Costco Travel agent was dealing with talking to RC.  They didn't really elaborate on what the issue was.  I was only told that it was taken care of and they sent me a new email showing that indeed the invoice was paid in full.  I'm definitely looking forward to the cruise that is really 2 years in the making if you consider the Spectrum sailing that didn't happen in summer '20.

TXCruiser