Do kids get Crown and Anchor numbers?

RJL

6 hours ago, RJL said:

I was wondering if kids get crown and anchor numbers and if they automatically become my level for C&A. My son has traveled on two RC Cruises and we have one upcoming later this year. Thanks

Until your child is 18, they are linked to your C & A account, but would accrue points under their own account number.

With the linked accounts, when cruising with you, your child obtains your C & A status but accrues only those points actually earned under their own account based on the actual cruises they have taken. So even if they don't join you on each cruise, they share in your tier status until they are 18. But their individual account will reflect only those cruises they actually took.

When they are 18 their accounts are no longer linked with yours and now are individual. Their account will now reflect the points actually earned from the cruises they took while linked to your account. But - and this is where it can get confusing - at 18, they will retain your tier status on their account at the time that they become 18, even if their actual points are lower than that tier.

They will continue on with their own account gaining additional points as actually earned towards the total points needed between what they have earned and the total for the next tier levels.

For example, you could be Diamond+ and their points earned could actually be Diamond status based on their actual cruises taken, but they would share Diamond+ with you while linked and will then take the Diamond+ status with them at 18 with only the actual Diamond points in their account. They will then continue towards Pinnacle, but will need to earn the total points necessary between their actual Diamond value and Pinnacle to reach that tier.

Simple, Right?

2 hours ago, Mike.s said:

How do we find out our now 21 year old C&A number, he's not cruised with us since he was 17.

Call or email C&A.  A travel agent can also try to find him by full name and birth date.  

As a last resort, go through the motions of a mock booking, any ship, any sail date.  

Once you reach the step where it asks for the number of guests look for the link for exclusive rates.

image.thumb.jpeg.1a156b3f406471a6247944aeddbc1cbc.jpeg

One of the options is apply your C&A number and there is a link if you forgot your C&A number.

image.thumb.jpeg.00b6ad674c74ea90270d4c58c9cbec37.jpeg

Fill it out using his details and see if the system can find him.  You don't need every item filled, start with the basics like name and birth date.

image.thumb.jpeg.9f7f46a0eee5bb396fdca84ba0a45059.jpeg

What?  

Can I reverse that?  

Can I get my son’s C&A point total.  Because of work schedules he got to do a 4 day with Mom when I had to work and later got a 7 day with me when she couldn’t get away from work.  So he’s has more than both of us by a bit.  (Actually probably a moot point as we will all hit Diamond after our next cruise, even with the point differences.)