Hello. We are cruising out the port of Miami in April, and will be flying into Miami International Airport the night before our Cruise leaves.  Where is a good place to stay overnight before cruising out the next afternoon?  Are there any affordable places that still offer "free port shuttle?"  We are Best Western Members, and usually use them, but before we book anything, I thought I might ask the pros on this Forum who cruise a lot more often than we do.  :-)  Doesn't need to be a fancy place since we're arriving at Midnight.  Just want FREE shuttle to the Port, or affordable shuttle as well.  Thanks Everybody~

Start looking ASAP is my best advice!

Miami can be one of the most expensive port cities in North American to try and find a hotel in.

Not many offer airport AND port shuttle for free. And if it is, its the more expensive rooms..like $300/night or so.

Most hotels around the airport will offer free airport shuttle and usually a port shuttle for around $10/person.

Keep in mind that the flat rate from the airport to port and vice versa is $27 for a cab so something to consider as well depending on your group!

We stayed at the Comfort Suites Airport North.  They had a free airport shuttle and a free port shuttle in the morning.  The hotel was nice, clean, and had a decent breakfast in the morning.  The only drawback is that it there weren't any stores or restaurants really close (i.e. walking distance).   However, it was good for what we needed it for.

Free airport shuttle and port shuttle really depends on the price of the  hotel room as to if its "free" or not...

Not sure what the OP considers affordable....but often I have seen rooms in Miami that cost as much or more than my cruise did.....and they came with "free" airport and port shuttle's....lol.

These prices above listed are not normal prices for Miami I can assure you....$79 hardly gets you a hostel bed in Miami.

While everyone will find deals every no and then....."I booked this cruise for $150"..........normal hotel rooms run expensive in Miami. Check out travel board on TA or CC and you will get an idea of what to expect.

Double Tree in April...cheapest is about $170 with average price over $200/night......

We are booked in the Residence Inn Tampa Downtown for 2 night before our cruise in April for a cost of $378. Not sure if it is the best choice or not but it was a good deal at the time.

We'll be on Rhapsody for the April 1st sailing - is that the one you are sailing on?  We're staying at Hampton Inn Ybor City Downtown for a couple days before the cruise, and Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk for a day after (the savings on airfare paid for the hotel and spending money for food, etc).

We'll be on Rhapsody for the April 1st sailing - is that the one you are sailing on?  We're staying at Hampton Inn Ybor City Downtown for a couple days before the cruise, and Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk for a day after (the savings on airfare paid for the hotel and spending money for food, etc).

We are on the sailing the week after you on the 8th, hope you leave some drink in the bars for when we arrive