Coco Cay Questions

DivaDeaconess

Hi everyone,

I am cruising next month and am wondering:

1.  Do beach beds ever become available on Coco Cay once they are showing as "sold out" like once you board?  Is there a possibility that there will be some available if I try to reserve on board?  I'd really like to have a designated space on if at all possible.  I'm checking daily, throughout the day but it's a no go.

2.  Should a beach bed not be available, what is the best spot to likely grab loungers before they're all taken?

Thanks everyone!  Any feedback is welcome.  This is only my second cruise and my first was 20 years ago on my honeymoon.  It's a whole new world out there now.  FYI, there will be two adults in our party, so kid friendly area is not a concern.

We were just there last weekend and had a bed on breezy bay. I think you'll find there are always loungers available. The island is built to accommodate something like 12000 people. Our only real complaint was the drink service. Not enough bartenders but thats a first world problem and we still had a great time. I have done the Coco Beach Club before and didn't buy it this time because it was $200pp but I think I will next time we sail. It is soooo much better than the regular island. 

In the grand scheme of things there aren't that many of the beach beds, so if they are showing sold out you will just have to keep monitoring it. But some DO become available if people cancel which is a definite possibility. You are allowed to cancel up to 48 hours before arrival day without penalty so maybe closer to that deadline more people might cancel and you can snag one!

• 2 weeks later...

We were off the ship and spent the day at the Oasis Lagoon.  Found 4 loungers right away and had them all day (we did not really hit the beach that day).  I did see individuals looking for loungers at the lagoon in the afternoon and could not find any (but that was due to the fact that we were near the DJ).  I was on a pretty full Symphony (Oasis class) but that was the only ship that day.  If there are multiple ships at Coco Cay that could be a problem.  Suggest you check the Cruise Mapper to see who is there.

Have a great cruise!

This is a picture I took from my chair back in March of 2022, that was free, of the cabanas.  This was around 230pm.  Note the level of the water receding and the marshy area.  We did have to walk about 20 yards to get a drink and about 30 yards for food.  But it was free.  I was glad I saw this because I liked the option of not feeling like I had to stay all day in one area to get my moneys worth and I had the freedom to go elsewhere if I chose.

Screenshot_20220712-160246_Amazon Photos.jpg