covid testing windows and cancellations

We are sailing On Friday, July 1.  Based on the rules, we need to do our pre-covid test on Wednesday, June 28.  RIGHT? 

Full disclosure, my husband and I both tested positive for COVID June 14th.  That is 17 days before the cruise so I assume it will be good and we will all test negative....BUT what if we don't?   If any of us show positive, we have to cancel, but the cruise with confidence says we have to cancel by Midnight on Tuesday.  That is the day BEFORE we have to test.  Has anyone tested positive and had to cancel within 48 hours? How does that work? 

You will need to follow the rules for submitting a certificate of recovery.  You will very likely test positive so instead there is a procedure for showing a positive lab test (not the at home self test) and something from your doctor.  I’m not sure of the exact process.  Someone will chime in here and/or you can check on the Royal website under Healthy Sail Protocol.

BTW, a positive test prior to cruise will allow you (force you actually) to cancel.  It’s not part of CWC.  It’s keeping positive cases off the ship!

So you would test anytime from the 29th on......till the 1st.

You will need a certificate of recovery and that means that even if you test positive they will let you board (because you can continue to test positive for a while). There is a whole thread about the certificate of recovery on this blog.

58 minutes ago, Jjdslp122 said:

We are sailing On Friday, July 1.  Based on the rules, we need to do our pre-covid test on Wednesday, June 28.  RIGHT? 

Full disclosure, my husband and I both tested positive for COVID June 14th.  That is 17 days before the cruise so I assume it will be good and we will all test negative....BUT what if we don't?   If any of us show positive, we have to cancel, but the cruise with confidence says we have to cancel by Midnight on Tuesday.  That is the day BEFORE we have to test.  Has anyone tested positive and had to cancel within 48 hours? How does that work? 

You may test anytime Wednesday JUNE 29 until you board as long as you have your negative results ready! Ideally, I like to make sure I test the earliest I can which would mean Wednesday June 29.

2 hours ago, Jjdslp122 said:

With Covid you can cancel at anytime with a positive test.  If you did a PCR test, not an at home or rapid antigen, you can qualify for a letter of recovery. The information is on the website. If recently recovered from COVID-19, need to be vaccinated or take a test to sail? | Royal Caribbean Cruises.  You can also do a Rapid at home proctored test.  Any PCR test may show up positive.  You can go to any proctor service using at home tests that qualify.  We used Rapid Test.Rapid COVID-19 Tests Online at Home. Observed Tests for Cruises and Travel (rapidtestandtrace.com)