Where to head to book dining Reservations on Oasis?

labdogs42

Sailing on June 24 and I'm wondering where the easiest, least crowded place to book my dining reservations will be.  Any thoughts?  I can make them at any restaurant, right?  This is my first time on Oasis, so I want to have a game plan for once I get on board.  Thanks!

18 minutes ago, labdogs42 said:

Sailing on June 24 and I'm wondering where the easiest, least crowded place to book my dining reservations will be.  Any thoughts?  I can make them at any restaurant, right?  This is my first time on Oasis, so I want to have a game plan for once I get on board.  Thanks!

Yes, you can make all of your specialty dining reservations at any specialty restaurant or at the restaurant kiosk that they will probably have set up in the Promenade.  Of course, the problem is, not all of the restaurants will be open when you first board, so you just have to find one that is open or use the kiosk.  The last time I was on Oasis, Chops was not open for lunch on embarkation day but we went to Jamie's or Giovanni's or whatever one they have (can't remember).  It is often easiest to write it all down and then just hand the paper to the maitre'd while you are having lunch (if you have the UDP). 

It has been my experience that the MDR maitre'd cannot make specialty restaurant reservations and vice versa so unless things have changed, you will need to go to the MDR host to make MDR reservations.

7 minutes ago, kbelknap said:

So a restaurant has to be open in order to make reservations. We got a 10:30 check in time, but Jaime's doesn't open until 12. Should we just go to the kiosk?

There has to be someone there working that can make the reservations for you.  My experience has always been that if the restaurant is not open, there is nobody there to help you.  I suppose it's possible that someone might be manning the podium in order to take reservations even though they aren't open, but I sure wouldn't count on that.  There will be at least 1 specialty restaurant open for lunch.  It might be Chops, it might be Jamie's...most likely one of those 2.

41 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

There has to be someone there working that can make the reservations for you.  My experience has always been that if the restaurant is not open, there is nobody there to help you.  I suppose it's possible that someone might be manning the podium in order to take reservations even though they aren't open, but I sure wouldn't count on that.  There will be at least 1 specialty restaurant open for lunch.  It might be Chops, it might be Jamie's...most likely one of those 2.

Can the suite concierge reserve before we board. Is no, is it possible to visit the suite lounge upon boarding to have them place the reservations? 

37 minutes ago, kbelknap said:

So a restaurant has to be open in order to make reservations? We got a 10:30 check in time, but Jaime's doesn't open until 12. Should we just go to the kiosk?

The opening times listed on the app are for serving times. They will be open with someone at the host podium to take your reservations.

Usually once I'm checked in and waiting to board I can connect to the ship's wifi and sometimes start making reservations. Just depends on when they flip the switch and turn the sailing on in the app. 

We usually check Central Park 150 to make reservations in person once onboard. They won't be open for lunch so you never have to deal with folks trying to get seated while you're making your reservations.

12 minutes ago, Kathleen said:

Can the suite concierge reserve before we board. Is no, is it possible to visit the suite lounge upon boarding to have them place the reservations? 

Yes, the concierge can make dining reservations. Just respond to the email you get shortly before sailing and tell them what you're looking to reserve!

One thing that I learned on our recent sailing is that if you make all reservations from one venue, let's say Chops (because I did it from Chops), the Chops reservations will show on your daily planner immediately, but the other venue reservations won't show until a few hours, or even days later.  Write down the times and venues that you get from the central reservation location.  Also, even Guest services systems did not update immediately and they could not tell me times and venues that I reserved until at least 2 days later lol.