Passport vs Birth certificate

MelD

Hello

First time on your blog and maybe someone will be able to help me with this.
We are travelling next month on Oasis of the seas with 3 kids and I’m not sure if we will receive the passport on time. Since the kids are Canadian citizen, could we use their birth certificate for cruising? I did my check-in on Tuesday and there is an option Birth Certificate+ No photo document, but when I call customer service to confirm, their awnser is never the same. We are visiting Cape Canaveral and Bahamas (Nassau and Coco Cay)

Thank you 

• AshleyDillo changed the title to Passport or birth certificate Canadian minors
  • MelD changed the title to Passport vs Birth certificate
45 minutes ago, MelD said:

Hello

We are travelling next month on Oasis of the seas with 3 kids and I’m not sure if we will receive the passport on time. Since the kids are Canadian citizen, could we use their birth certificate for cruising? I did my check-in on Tuesday and there is an option Birth Certificate+ No photo document, but when I call customer service to confirm, their awnser is never the same. We are visiting Cape Canaveral and Bahamas (Nassau and Coco Cay)

Thank you 

I would see if you could contact the Canadian Passport office to see if you are able to expedite your passports. I personally have not heard of Non-US citizens being able to travel with only a birth certificate even if they are Canadian.. If you had other forms of ID such as global entry or a passport card I would say it would be ok. 

15 hours ago, MelD said:

Hello

Thank you 

Get a hold of your local MP office.  They have a special form you can fill out.. They will contact Passport Canada on your behalf.   I have to go to Toronto tomorrow to pick up my kids.  But at least I will have them.  I sent mine in April 4th.. Pain in the butt right now. 

9 hours ago, SPS said:

Joey: Does he like you? Because if he doesn't like you, this is all a MOO point.
Rachel: Huh? A moo point?
Joey: Yeah, it's like a cow's opinion. It just doesn't matter. It's MOO. 😄

Friends-Joey-Moo-Point.jpg

Classic!! The one I hear people say a lot is it's a "Mute" point. I think in their minds it makes some sort of sense because it is like a point that you cannot hear, so it does not matter. LOL