Oasis of the Seas 7/1 - Cape Liberty Parking

Hi All, 

I am booked to go on Oasis of the Seas on 7/1 and been doing a lot of research regarding the parking situation. In some of the research it seems there is a total of 3 parking lots at Cape Liberty. Parking lot 1 is the multi-story parking, Parking Lot 2 is the outside parking lot and Parking Lot 3 is a further away parking lot. It seems it really depends on which day you sail out will indicate which parking lot you will be parking at. As of June I know Oasis of the Seas started to sail out of Cape Liberty on a Friday instead of a Sunday. 

I believe currently the port is utilized by Oasis of the Seas, Adventure of the Seas and Celebrity Cruise Summit.

My question would be would anyone know which parking I would be parking at on 7/1 sailing since it's a Friday?

Thanks in advance!

I will be traveling to go on the Oasis OTS on JUN 17. I've been hearing from some blogs that the main parking lot that is covered is being utilized mainly for those with disable access parking and that most guests are parking out side in lot 2 or 3. I can follow up on my experience on Friday and let you know. 

24 minutes ago, leesam82 said:

I will be traveling to go on the Oasis OTS on JUN 17. I've been hearing from some blogs that the main parking lot that is covered is being utilized mainly for those with disable access parking and that most guests are parking out side in lot 2 or 3. I can follow up on my experience on Friday and let you know. 

Thank you!! I will be looking forward to your experience. 

According to people on The June 10 sailing of oasis the garage was a hot mess, they turned people away to the outside lots.  It could also be it was a mess due to the late arrival of the ship and all the people who think showing up early is a good idea.  

the lot you refer to as “far away” may be one I was in May 31 for Adventure.  It was still walkable, through a mostly tented area employee parking, and they had mini van shuttles to pick people up if they didn’t want to walk.   The garage was made available for handicapped and back to back when I sailed on Adventure. 

on my Oasis sailing in May, I could not park in the garage and I was there early. However, that could be because I have a truck.

After, I dropped off my luggage, I was directed to another parking lot within walking distance and parked with other trucks. I prepaid and my truck was safe in the lot the whole week. I found it very convenient even if it was a short walk to the terminal.  

Get there early so you can park.  My check in time was 11 am and I was there about 30-45 mins before. Parked quickly and went right into the terminal to get in line.  I was on the ship by 11:30 and by the time I got to Windjammer, I saw a line of cars stuck in traffic trying to get to terminal. 

I arrived at 10:30 AM on 6/5 and the parking garage was closed outright. We all had to park in the outdoor lot. Even people who showed up at ~9AM had the same situation. The outdoor lot isn't a far walk though, its right across the street and they have porters available at the end of the cruise to help you take bags to the car if you need assistance. 

Keep in mind that the earlier you arrive the more likely it is that there are still a lot of vehicles belonging to the people that haven't disembarked/processed through baggage claim area and the government kiosks yet, still in the garage.  I'm like everybody else, I love getting on the ship as soon as I can, as early as I can.  However, you are more likely to find a parking space in the garage when it is approaching the noonish hour or a little later. 

This is one reason I prefer to leave my car at the hotel, pay a little extra for the 7 or 8 days of parking and shuttle over to the port and arrive on my schedule without the hassle of parking space/garage closures.  However, location has a lot to do with the parking situation.  I didn't experience and I haven't heard of anybody else having issues with the parking garage at the Port of Miami.  There may be, but I haven't heard of any issues.  

2 hours ago, D Alt said:

Get there early so you can park.  My check in time was 11 am and I was there about 30-45 mins before. Parked quickly and went right into the terminal to get in line.  I was on the ship by 11:30 and by the time I got to Windjammer, I saw a line of cars stuck in traffic trying to get to terminal. 

I think the problem is everyone tries to get there early, thinking they can just enter the terminal when they get there....it adds to the traffic.

8 hours ago, leesam82 said:

Currently at the port for the Oasis sailing. Garage is disabled only. 

Yeah, I'm guessing this is the new normal for them, likely because of Oasis being so large.  If this is their plan, they really need to get more control over the parking situation in the outside lots.  It's basically the wild west trying to leave--a ton of people don't want to walk back to the terminal to prepay, so they end up paying at the gate, and it slows down the process to a crawl. 

Just got back from the Oasis sailing 6/10-6/17. We arrived at the port around 10am and luggage drop off was a breeze. Drove around and the entrance to the garage was Handicap parking only. Was directed down the street and to the left to the outside lot. Was parked pretty upfront closest to the terminal and not a far walk at all. Now, friends of ours on the same cruise arrived around 12:30pm and was directed into the garage.

I will say getting out of the lot is pretty easy and they have the process down pretty good.

• 1 month later...
On 6/23/2022 at 12:06 AM, Coach9 said:

If my check in time is 10:30 am. What time do you suggest we arrive and are allowed into the terminal?

Uhm  10:30 ?  What am I missing, that's as early as it can be.  We had 10:30 on July 8th, no lines no waiting.  Drop off the luggage, drive over to the open lot and park, in and on board in ~15 min.

Now at noon time, well that's a whole different story; cars lined up in front of luggage drop off for as far as the eye could see (from the comfortable lounger on the top deck).