Anyone else having trouble with the Pre-Cruise Planner?

Jen76

I am trying to look at shore excursions, so I can read reviews etc. I looked through a list of each port before I booked, because we were debating between 2 different itineraries. That was just a quick look. I'd like to look at each one in detail now that I've chosen this particular cruise. It just keeps saying that the cruise planner is down, for days now. I've tried using different computers, making sure that I'm not logged in anymore, using incognito tabs, everything I can think of. Any help? I'm getting extremely frustrated. TIA

Two things.  It sounds like you haven't booked a cruise yet.  Therefore, you'd be looking at older web pages associated with port excursions, right?  Second, some ships haven't completed migrating to the new cruise planner.  For one booked cruise, we have found a glitch in the excursions because the excursion tab has different ports than the official itinerary.  If I were you, I wouldn't choose the itinerary because of the excursions.  Normally, Royal and 3rd party providers have the same type of excursions.  For example, tours of the city, rides to the beach, snorkeling/boating, (in the Caribbean, dolphin/turtle/stingray), adventurous stuff like 4x4, kayaking, biking, ziplining; etc.  In Europe there are often tours that drop you off and let you wander around, not to mention hop-on/hop off buses or visits to popular historic sites.   Finally, there are now a lot of foodie/booze tasting excursions.  I might look at the time in port on your candidate excursions.  Longer port visits allow more a broader range of excursions.   But it boils down to where you want to visit and what you want to do.  Some people are more interested in the ship and its diversions than the actual excursions.