Boarding Time Question

Hello Fellow Cruisers! 

I checked in and was assigned a boarding time for all of the family for 10:30 for the upcoming Oasis OTS sailing out of port liberty. I wanted to know is there an earlier boarding time or is 10:30 am the earliest. Also due to logistics some family members will be there about 20 minutes prior to the assigned boarding time. Does anyone know if there will be porters there to take their luggage? Any insight would be helpful thanks!

7 minutes ago, leesam82 said:

Hello Fellow Cruisers! 

I checked in and was assigned a boarding time for all of the family for 10:30 for the upcoming Oasis OTS sailing out of port liberty. I wanted to know is there an earlier boarding time or is 10:30 am the earliest. Also due to logistics some family members will be there about 20 minutes prior to the assigned boarding time. Does anyone know if there will be porters there to take their luggage? Any insight would be helpful thanks!

1030 will be the earliest boarding time, although based on my recent experience (5/29 cruise) you can get to the terminal, through security and checked in by 1000/1015. You'll be directed to a seating area and when it's time to board, they'll call you by the area/row you're seated in. 

There will be plenty of porters there to take your luggage.

11 minutes ago, leesam82 said:

Hello Fellow Cruisers! 

I just checked in last night and received at 10 AM boarding time, so I have to assume that porters will be around and at the ready when your family arrives!

8 minutes ago, USCG Teacher said:

I just checked in last night and received at 10 AM boarding time, so I have to assume that porters will be around and at the ready when your family arrives!

10AM? I never saw 10am PRE Covid, say nothing of now. 

Just to be clear the time is not a boarding time.  It a check in time to arrive at the terminal for the wellness check.  The ship will almost certainly not be boarding at 10am and probably not boarding at 10:30am. 

There will almost certainly be waiting time in the terminal until the ship boards.   Nonetheless 10am or 10:30am are great early times to secure that will allow you to be among the first to board once CBP determines the ship can commence boarding which could be anytime but typically before noon.  

20 minutes ago, twangster said:

Just to be clear the time is not a boarding time.  It a check in time to arrive at the terminal for the wellness check.  The ship will almost certainly not be boarding at 10am and probably not boarding at 10:30am. 

There will almost certainly be waiting time in the terminal until the ship boards.   Nonetheless 10am or 10:30am are great early times to secure that will allow you to be among the first to board once CBP determines the ship can commence boarding which could be anytime but typically before noon.  

Absolutely.  I was using check in and boarding time interchangeably, which of course they are not!  Thank you for clarifying that!

June 10th arrival of Oasis was one hour late to the port.  I understand the pier was a hot mess between the now later disembarkation and those who arrive way before their assigned arrival time. 

Bayonne doesn’t allow early entry from your assigned arrival time unless you fit the “special category”, particular suites, Pinnacle etc..  They call the time and check your set sail pass before letting you enter the building.  It’s hysterical watching people try to enter early and get removed from the line.  The guy with the bullhorn “11:00 means 11:00 not 1:00, your set sail pass should say 11:00 if you are on line to enter”…..sure enough, “that’s not an 11:00 get off the line”.  IF they get it down to a trickle incoming for one time slot they’ll call the next time slot. 

As for dropping off luggage, they should be there taking luggage, no one checks your time in regards to that.