Cocktail choice

Hi Everyone

Me and my Fiancé are heading on our first cruise on serenade of the sea! 

We will be getting the drinks package, and we're big cocktail fans! But I'm wondering if you go to the bar and request a cocktail not on the menu will they make it for you? Or do you have to stick to the menu? 

Also any tips for first time cruisers would be amazing 

TIA

Just know in advance, the drink package covers drinks up to $13. You will have to pay the difference for a drink over that.  I also recommend you get to the port the day before you board the ship. The majority of the members on this message board do. With the exception of those members who live in Florida, they're the lucky ones! 

Welcome and feel free to ask away with any questions you may have! 😎

My advise as also a first time RC cruiser - read all you can on this blog site.  There is LOTS of great information here.  Look at the old Cruise Compasses for your ship to see what type of activities there are.  Book shore excursions and other amenities early and often.  What I mean by often is if the price goes down, cancel your original booking and immediately rebook at the lower price.  Don't go by % off. Go by the actual price. You will also need to multiple the displayed price by 1.18% to figure in the automatic tip when comparing the old price to the new price.  I would also check out the specialty restaurants to see if there is anything you want to book early.  I got the 3 dining package.  But my best advice: Have a GREAT time. 

1 hour ago, rjac said:

With the exception of those members who live in Florida, they're the lucky ones!

Yes, but we also HAVE TO LIVE IN FLORIDA!

NOTE: This is a light-hearted joke from someone who moved here from the Philly burbs 22 years ago. My adopted home has its pros & cons like anywhere else.

46 minutes ago, rjac said:

I guess the worst part about THAT move is you can't get a decent/authentic Philly Cheesesteak sandwich anywhere! 😎

I strive for decent & take what I can get. Some places go to the trouble of ordering Amoroso rolls then their meat is disgusting. Or I find the opposite… A family from Pittsburgh opened a place by me & the steak is pretty good but their rolls are as soft as hot dog rolls. 🙄

At least Wawa opened here a while ago & they’re pretty common now. We went to a grand opening when it was fairly new & it was like a sea of Philly team jerseys. 🦅 

4 hours ago, rjac said:

Just know in advance, the drink package covers drinks up to $13. You will have to pay the difference for a drink over that.  I also recommend you get to the port the day before you board the ship. The majority of the members on this message board do. With the exception of those members who live in Florida, they're the lucky ones! 

Welcome and feel free to ask away with any questions you may have! 😎

Almost any drink you order will be covered by that $13. ?? Limit.  There are exceptions for very top shelf call liquor like Johnnie Walker Blue, they hardly have any of these type liquors anymore. 

Special drink help if you have the recipe to show them, most will attempt if they have ingredients and you know that recipe