xSAILEDx Anthem of the Seas - Mar 12, 2023 - Mar 19, 2023 (7 Night Bahamas & Perfect Day Cruise)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

DH & I are scheduled for this one - he teaches @ a community college & this is his spring break -- not sure if we will be encountering lots of drunken college students. We've had 5 cruises cancelled since our last one in Jan 2019 - July 2020, March 2021 (pandemic), Jan 2022 (covid + family member), and a B2B Aug 2022 (family member in hospital).  Fingers crossed we make this one!

• AshleyDillo changed the title to Anthem of the Seas - Mar 12, 2023 - Mar 19, 2023 (7 Night Bahamas & Perfect Day Cruise)
  • 3 months later...

A lot of this will be regarding pricing so if you have no patience to deal with the poor (me), feel free to ignore this XD

This will be my first time on any cruise. Is it just me, or is it just not worth it (with regards to the price) to get the drink packages unless you expect to use them more than 5-10 times per day, for all the days throughout the cruise?

Which of the activities on Anthem are included with the cruise without extra charges? (If you have a link that shows this information please send it)

Which of the Restaurants on Anthem are included with the cruise without extra charges? (If you have a link that shows this information please send it)

Is the water package priced the same way as other refreshment packages? (per day, per person, for the whole trip) or is it a one of price for the 24L package?

18 hours ago, SailingSmurf said:

A lot of this will be regarding pricing so if you have no patience to deal with the poor (me), feel free to ignore this XD

This will be my first time on any cruise. Is it just me, or is it just not worth it (with regards to the price) to get the drink packages unless you expect to use them more than 5-10 times per day, for all the days throughout the cruise?

Which of the activities on Anthem are included with the cruise without extra charges? (If you have a link that shows this information please send it)

Which of the Restaurants on Anthem are included with the cruise without extra charges? (If you have a link that shows this information please send it)

Is the water package priced the same way as other refreshment packages? (per day, per person, for the whole trip) or is it a one of price for the 24L package?

Yes I think the average need is about 7 drinks a day to break even. This does include specialty juices and coffees. But you need to be a heavy user or just like peace of mind. And the price will be higher onboard so it may take closer to 10/day. It doesn't make sense of us, so we just pay for what we consume. My partner does get a soda package since that's worthwhile for him. 

If you download the app, in the dining section it'll have a $ beside any pay restaurants. Included ones are the main dining room, windjammer marketplace, cafe 270, solarium bistro, cafe promenade, Sorrento's pizza, ice cream and seaplex doghouse. In coco cay, the included food is found at snack shack, chill grill, and skippers grill. 

Activities include the shows, flow rider (there will be free times and some times set aside for paid private access), North Star has free times (I believe that's on sea days) and paid times, rock climbing, bumper cars, lots of games/trivia type stuff through the week, pools/whirlpools, sports like basketball volleyball etc, table tennis and lots more. The only real paid activities are iFly, the extended experience in North Star and some private times in flow rider, and some private classes/tours. Tonnes of free stuff to enjoy. 

I've never had the water package but it looks like it's just a case of water not like a drink package with a daily charge/service. However we are now within 48 hours so anything booked will have to be done onboard. 

• AshleyDillo changed the title to xSAILEDx Anthem of the Seas - Mar 12, 2023 - Mar 19, 2023 (7 Night Bahamas & Perfect Day Cruise)