Solarium Bistro

RogerC1

• 3 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, RogerC1 said:

I just saw another YouTube video in which they say Solarium Bistro is adults only. 

Has anyone sailed recently that can confirm or deny this?

The Solarium Bistro has always been open to guests of all ages.  Many ships have an entrance for this venue from the elevator lobby but even if one ship doesn't, guests of all ages can transit through the Solarium when required, they just can't stop and stay in the Solarium adult only area unless 16+.

37 minutes ago, RogerC1 said:

I just saw another YouTube video in which they say Solarium Bistro is adults only. 

Has anyone sailed recently that can confirm or deny this?

Looking in the App for Oasis's current sailing, Solarium Bistro is listed for those 12 and older. Whether or not that's actually enforced is another matter.

Screenshot_20220630-082238_Royal.png

2 hours ago, Rackham said:

Looking in the App for Oasis's current sailing, Solarium Bistro is listed for those 12 and older. Whether or not that's actually enforced is another matter.

Screenshot_20220630-082238_Royal.png

Weird -- Solarium Bistro is not even showing as a dining venue on my app for my 2 upcoming Oasis cruises -- Aug 5 & Aug 14 B2B.  The only place it shows is under bars & lounges, & only has a bar menu

47 minutes ago, MaryCS62 said:

Weird -- Solarium Bistro is not even showing as a dining venue on my app for my 2 upcoming Oasis cruises -- Aug 5 & Aug 14 B2B.  The only place it shows is under bars & lounges, & only has a bar menu

The Bistro wasn't appearing in my upcoming Oasis sailing either, and I've got a reservation. What I needed to do to see the Solarium Bistro in the restaurants' list was to switch to the current, happening right now sailing of Oasis.

59 minutes ago, MaryCS62 said:

What oasis class ship are you sailing on?  We are doing Allure for the first Tina and are excited to try the Samba Grill for the first time.  Since the Solarium Bistro converts to that for dinner, is it not showing for you because it is a “different” venue? 

As for the age limit, our son has been in to eat on a few different occasions, he was 11 at the youngest, while on Ovation, and was never questioned.

1 hour ago, ScooterScott22 said:

What oasis class ship are you sailing on?  We are doing Allure for the first Tina and are excited to try the Samba Grill for the first time.  Since the Solarium Bistro converts to that for dinner, is it not showing for you because it is a “different” venue? 

As for the age limit, our son has been in to eat on a few different occasions, he was 11 at the youngest, while on Ovation, and was never questioned.

No, we are actually on Oasis, but the other poster explained it as it only shows on the current sailing, which is weird, but oh, well....

23 minutes ago, RogerC1 said:

How do you switch to the current sailing happening now?

In the app when you first open it up, after logging in:

1. Tap the person icon towards the top of the screen (right most of the icons ship | calendar | person).
  2. Under the name of the sailing, tap "Select a different sailing >".
  3. A list of your booked cruises appears. Scroll to the very bottom, if they go offscreen, and tap "Get more details on the ships we support >"
  4. A list of ships appears. Tap the ship you're interested in seeing its current itinerary.
  5. A list of sail dates appears. Tap the one one top.

22 hours ago, ScooterScott22 said:

Yup.  My youngest son is 9.  No one ever mentioned anything or even looked at us funny.  BTW- I personally think that the Solarium Bistro was worth one visit, but beyond that, it was just okay.

1 hour ago, twangster said:

Depending on the ship the breakfast in Solarium Bistro can be less hectic compared to the WJ.  The food is essentially the same but the crowds are often not present in the Bistro.

That is actually why I was trying to figure out if kids were allowed. Was hoping to do breakfast here but have a 1 year old.

2 hours ago, twangster said:

Depending on the ship the breakfast in Solarium Bistro can be less hectic compared to the WJ.  The food is essentially the same but the crowds are often not present in the Bistro.

That is so true.  

On Ovation, we really like Cafe Two70 though.  Very quiet, different breakfast options and espresso bar.  Beautiful views and comfy seating too.