On Board Samsung TVs

Just a little FYI.. typically I bring an HDMI cable and a remote from home (for the "input" button, we have Samsung TV's at home) to be able to play movies from our laptop.  This has worked on Harmony, and Allure, as recently as November of 2021.. however, in our balcony stateroom on Oasis last week, it seems that our "input" function from our Samsung remote was not working, the remote itself did function just fine (power, arrow keys, volume), so it seems they had disabled the ability to switch the "input" selection, as we also tried screen mirroring from a Samsung phone. 

I've experience it as well sometimes the input button works and sometimes it doesn't because they've disabled it. 

To get around that what I did was purchase a universal remote (that I always cruise with) that works with Samsung TV's and that has alleviated that problem for me.  

57 minutes ago, JasonOasis said:

I've experience it as well sometimes the input button works and sometimes it doesn't because they've disabled it. 

To get around that what I did was purchase a universal remote (that I always cruise with) that works with Samsung TV's and that has alleviated that problem for me.  

so the universal remote works when a Samsung remote doesn't?  wow... it was disappointing because we get the voom surf and stream internet package so we can stream movies on the laptop and use the TV as a bigger monitor than just watching a small laptop... I'll have to try the universal remote next time.

I think the problem is the TV's are networked and get their running operating system over the network.  That operating system disables certain features such as changing inputs.  For a while there was a work around where you could disconnect the network and power cycle the TV then you could use a standard remote to change inputs.  Recently though that work around had also been removed on ships like Wonder so even that approach no longer works. 

• 3 weeks later...

I found the I did not need the universal remote (it did not work) on the Adventure this past May.  By luck I found this out - all I needed to do was to plug in a live HDMI signal (from my Neumi media player) and change the cabin remote channels.  When I got to channel number 3, voila I was watching my Neumi which was plugged into HDMI 1.  So when the universal remote does not work for you, give this a try...