Towel Fees Have Returned

I am just back from a four night Enchantment of the Seas cruise.  I was on this same cruise in April serving as a chaperone for our High School Band trip.  (I know...hard job right?)

Anyway, in April, you could get towels without having to check them out.  But on this cruise, you had to check out a towel for the day at Coco Cay and if you needed towels for an excursion into Nassau.  

If you were going to use the towels on the ship, then you did not have to check them out.  

On our Coco Cay day, we had to get our towels from Deck 3, not the Pool deck.  

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up.  

oooh, thats interesting.  I wonder if they were losing an excess amt of towels specifically on 'beach days.' 

I never really minded the towel monitoring process much.  Unless its diff on other ships, we were always able to take as many towels as we wanted, as long as they ultimately got returned before the end of the sailing. 

Thanks for the report.  How was checking out towels for beach excursion different than pool?  I guess what I'm asking is how would they know which you are using the towels forWhenn

When I went to deck 9 to get towels for Coco Cay, they asked if I was going to use them on the ship.  When I told them that I needed them for the beach, they directed me to deck 3 to check them out.  They had someone checking the towels back in on deck 1 when we returned.  I am not sure how they would know if you are going to take them off the ship.  There was no difference in the towels.  

When I went to deck 9 to get towels for Coco Cay, they asked if I was going to use them on the ship.  When I told them that I needed them for the beach, they directed me to deck 3 to check them out.  They had someone checking the towels back in on deck 1 when we returned.  I am not sure how they would know if you are going to take them off the ship.  There was no difference in the towels.  

Ah, ok that makes more sense to me.  

I'm okay with this policy just because you grab towels when you leave the ship and when you return, you deposit the dirty towels on your way back in.

• 3 weeks later...

This doesn't surprise me. I've never sailed with Royal before (but hope to soon), only with Carnival. They make you check them out even for use on the ship. I don't know about Royal, but CCL charges $25 for missing towels. I guess too many were being stolen/lost/misplaced...

On Navigator last week: on days at sea they handed out towels poolside without doing any tracking. On port days you had to give your cabin number when getting towels poolside, and they checked you off when you returned the towels later in the day. They also had towels available as you disembarked. You could take ashore as many as you wanted but they wrote down your cabin number and charged $25 for any towels not returned. This was very convenient when going ashore.

The same was at the Explorer. I think it makes people think twice on leaving that towel behind.

I found it very smart on tracking the towels as many people are careful to bring it back.....

On sea days you can grab the towel but they don't scan.

Sounds like a fair trade off

• 2 weeks later...