eMed Account

First of all, cruising in this day and age is very stressful.  Normally, by this time (2 weeks out), I would be all set and counting down the days until we leave.  As it is, I am stressing the COVID testing...maybe more so than I need to be but it is what it is. I searched this site for some answers, but did not find what I was looking for...maybe unskillful searching on my part.

I plan on purchasing the eMed home tests.  I created an account, but my question is about the rest of the family.  I see when I log in there is a "I'm taking this test" and an "I'm helping someone with this test" option.

Does this mean that I only need my account, and the morning we do the tests I can log in to my account and select "I'm helping someone with this test" option when it is their turn?  In this case all the results will come to me, separately?

Or does everyone need an individual account?  

Also, I am planning on taking the test on my desktop (Mac) computer....what is the NAVICA app I am being asked to download to my phone all about?

COVID went through my house in early February.  I am hesitant to do the Walgreens test because I am reading it can show positive for a long period of time (Rapid NAAT).  Is there any truth to this?   Or am I just spending too much time on the internet?

Thanks!

I new to the eMed myself.  I have got my tests and will use them for the first time July 15th.  From everything I have read, everyone needs their own NAVICA account.  Now if you have younger children, then it may go under your log in.  This doesn't apply to me so I could be mistaken about that detail.

Under account on the Navica App you can set up multiple profiles.  I set up profiles for myself,  my one minor child, and went ahead and set up profiles for my over 18 child and my wife.  I am now showing 4 different profiles under my one login.

If this works, I will be able to see everyone's results under one login.  much easier to track.  If it doesn't work, I will just have everyone set up an account.   

1 hour ago, therealbigredrules said:

Under account on the Navica App you can set up multiple profiles.  I set up profiles for myself,  my one minor child, and went ahead and set up profiles for my over 18 child and my wife.  I am now showing 4 different profiles under my one login.

If this works, I will be able to see everyone's results under one login.  much easier to track.  If it doesn't work, I will just have everyone set up an account.   

Thank You.  I see that now.  I had downloaded the Navica verifier it seems.  I will at least do this for my children.  That was what i was most concerned about.

Anyone over 18 must have their own email address/account.  That is my understanding.
Your minors can go under your account (they are not allowed to have their own account)
The test kit has a QR code you can use to log in or you can lot onto the website and use that for testing. ( I do the website)
Have enough table space so you do not knock the test kit to the floor (that will invalidate the kit)
It is recommended you have an extra test kit on hand in case something goes wrong (your error or the kit is missing pieces-of which you would not know until the moment you open the test kit in front of the proctor-do NOT open it prior to being instructed to do so)
I order the 6 pack from emed.com  It is $150 plus S&H......(or it was last week, who knows with inflation)

Thanks Everyone for the replies.  I am feeling a little better.  After downloading the correct App on my phone, I was able to add profiles for my minor children.  Then, on the EMed site on my Mac, I saw them both as an option for "Who is taking the Test today".  So feel comfortable about that.

I did see that Photo ID is required for my 13 year old son.  He has a passport, so I guess I am good there, but wonder what he would use if he did not have that....as he has no DL or school ID with picture.

The most frustrating thing for me in taking these tests is making sure you're in a room where there won't be any glare when you're asked to scan your QR codes or ID. The proctors must work on a per test started (not completed) basis because I've had a few very quickly say "sorry, can't scan your ID, try again later"

7 minutes ago, OrlandoDad said:

I did see that Photo ID is required for my 13 year old son.  He has a passport, so I guess I am good there, but wonder what he would use if he did not have that....as he has no DL or school ID with picture.

This varies. Once we were asked for an ID for my son (who has a passport), another time no ID was asked for.

I ran eMed tests off one account for my spouse and I both, using my email.  Didn't bother loading the Navica app onto my phone, just saved the "negative" letters received via email into "Files" and pulled them up one at a time when we were checking in.

29 minutes ago, Riley said:

I ran eMed tests off one account for my spouse and I both, using my email.  Didn't bother loading the Navica app onto my phone, just saved the "negative" letters received via email into "Files" and pulled them up one at a time when we were checking in.

That is what I plan to do rather than separate accounts.  I just wasn't sure If it would work for everyone on one account - even those over 18.  Sounds like it worked.

Thanks again for all the responses.  I ordered the eMed tests, and looking around further I see they time stamp the test in UTC....which is 4 hours later (???) than where I am in Florida, right?  So for a cruise on Monday, I would need to take the test after 8:00 p.m. on Friday for it to have a Saturday time stamp and meet the two day prior testing requirements?

34 minutes ago, OrlandoDad said:

Thanks again for all the responses.  I ordered the eMed tests, and looking around further I see they time stamp the test in UTC....which is 4 hours later (???) than where I am in Florida, right?  So for a cruise on Monday, I would need to take the test after 8:00 p.m. on Friday for it to have a Saturday time stamp and meet the two day prior testing requirements?

You're thinking too hard.  Just take the test any time within the 2 days prior to the cruise (assuming your cruise is leaving out of Florida) and your timing will be fine.

1 hour ago, OrlandoDad said:

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

You're thinking too hard.  Just take the test any time within the 2 days prior to the cruise (assuming your cruise is leaving out of Florida) and your timing will be fine.

And the two days doesn't include the day of embarkation.  So, if you cruise on Friday, you can test anytime on Wednesday.  If you want to worry about the UTC, don't take the test until 8:00PM  Eastern the night before, which wouldn't work.  Personally, I'd wait till I wake up and have my coffee.  

1 hour ago, Xolex said:

I am leaving for a cruise friday the 17th and do not have a NAVICA account. Does an EMed Letter stating your negative suffice at the port to get me on the ship? 

Do you mean the test result form that eMed emails you? Then yes.

2 hours ago, SunnyDays said:

Wait a min, can someone explain “the day of your cruise does not count”?  Our ship departure is Sun June 26th so I am thinking the soonest I can do is Friday June 24.  Is that right or can I do as early as Thu June 23? 

Day of cruise (for you - 6/26) Day 0

Day before cruise (6/25) 1 Day before

Day before that (6/24) 2 days before

Earliest you can test is Friday, 6/24/22 

I'll try to be more clear and I'm not trying to be a smart a$$: 

You can take the test on the day of your cruised.  That's Sunday

You can take the test the day before the cruise. That's Saturday

You can take the test on the day before the day before the cruise.  That's Friday

You can not take the test on the day before the day before the day before.  That's Thursday or any day before that.

As @JC Pats said, Sunday is the Zero (0) day, Saturday is Day 1, and Friday is day 2, which is good!  

8 hours ago, SunnyDays said:

Wait a min, can someone explain “the day of your cruise does not count”?  Our ship departure is Sun June 26th so I am thinking the soonest I can do is Friday June 24.  Is that right or can I do as early as Thu June 23? 

What JCPATS said is correct if you are vaccinated.

if you are unvaccinated you could do the PCR only, and start it one day earlier Thursday June 23 (again that’s unvaxxed)

the health button in the app has useful info