Oasis Cabin Refurbishment

We are sailing on Oasis next Spring and I have noticed on some cruise vlogs that some cabins on Oasis have been refurbished with new carpet, drapes, artwork and sofas. Some cabins are not updated and are really showing their age. Does anyone know if this is an ongoing refurbishment? We are on deck 8 forward in an ocean view balcony. Is there any way to find out if your cabin has been refurbished? 

5 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

I don't think there is a list of refurbished cabins. I believe they do this during drydock and amplification. I don't know if Oasis will have been drydocked or amplified by next spring.

If you mean Oasis receiving another amplification - maybe not likely anytime soon - especially seeing as how Allure still hasn't gotten her FIRST 😛, a drydock for refurbishments? Maybe 

I was just on Oasis and as she was amplified in 2019, she is not scheduled for dry dock anytime soon. There is also no ongoing refurbishment and I have seen no list of "refurbished" cabins. If you're comparing the cabins to Harmony/Symphony/Wonder - yes, they're not as modern/new, but the cabins are very well maintained. Obviously, decor is subjective, so you may feel different.

The only thing that's "old" and something to be careful about with cabins on Oasis (and possibly Allure) is the master switch as opposed to the card slot. I don't know remember that from my 2019 cruise on her, but some cabins have this. If you turn that off at night, everything is turned off in the cabin, including the air. Yes, the switch is labeled but after a fun filled night, you're not necessarily paying attention to switches when you're going to bed.

There was a new category implemented briefly called "Spa" IIRC.  They included some updates as part of that program and when they dropped the concept they became just regular cabins but updated compared to others.  The only clue is that they were double occupancy only, no triple or quads.  However not all double occupancy balcony cabins (the most popular of any category) were converted to spa cabins so I'm not sure how you would go about trying to find one.  

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2019/10/16/royal-caribbean-creates-new-spa-stateroom-category

12 hours ago, JC Pats said:

I was just on Oasis and as she was amplified in 2019, she is not scheduled for dry dock anytime soon. There is also no ongoing refurbishment and I have seen no list of "refurbished" cabins. If you're comparing the cabins to Harmony/Symphony/Wonder - yes, they're not as modern/new, but the cabins are very well maintained. Obviously, decor is subjective, so you may feel different.

The only thing that's "old" and something to be careful about with cabins on Oasis (and possibly Allure) is the master switch as opposed to the card slot. I don't know remember that from my 2019 cruise on her, but some cabins have this. If you turn that off at night, everything is turned off in the cabin, including the air. Yes, the switch is labeled but after a fun filled night, you're not necessarily paying attention to switches when you're going to bed.

Our room attendant on Oasis 2 weeks ago, right after introducing herself upon us first entering our room, pointed to the master switch and firmly said " This button? Here? DON'T TOUCH IT or you will not have a good time" 😆 

I found our cabin on Oasis (midship oceanview balcony on Deck 12) to be in great shape. No obvious wear other than slight wear/ deterioration of the curtains. 

• 1 year later...

I know however on the chart showing the room category changes it doesn't include CB. It appears to be a new category for oasis. I suppose all I need to know is if they changed out the sofas during the 2019 renovations if not then it would still have a twin sleeper sofa.

15 minutes ago, 1337rose said:

I know however on the chart showing the room category changes it doesn't include CB. It appears to be a new category for oasis. I suppose all I need to know is if they changed out the sofas during the 2019 renovations if not then it would still have a twin sleeper sofa.

we stayed in 9705 and had the sofa that opened into a twin... this was a few months ago. 

2 hours ago, RCIfan1912 said:

We were on Oasis last summer and the entire ship seemed to be in great shape including our cabin. 

Liberty on the other hand is showing her she pretty bad. We had an absolute blast sailing on her, so much fun but she needs attention soon. 

Hopefully she and the other's that missed their amplifications will get them soon... (Adventure, Allure, Explorer and Liberty)