Colosseum and Forum Tour

TXCruiser

Hello, I'm looking for advice of folks that have been on an inside tour of the Forum and Colosseum in Rome with regard to what you can bring in.  I was seeing this in the notes of our excursion:

• For security reasons it is strictly forbidden to enter the Colosseum and Roman Forum with backpacks, suitcases, trolleys and large bags /objects.

The potential issue is that my wife is a Type 1 diabetic and has to carry around certain medical items with her in a small shoulder sling bag.  The bag has the interior dimensions of probably an ipad mini.  Is there anyone that has gone on an excursion that went inside these places that can provide what they've seen on allowing or not allowing things like that?  Thanks in advance.

TXCruiser

8 hours ago, TXCruiser said:

Hello, I'm looking for advice of folks that have been on an inside tour of the Forum and Colosseum in Rome with regard to what you can bring in.  I was seeing this in the notes of our excursion:

• For security reasons it is strictly forbidden to enter the Colosseum and Roman Forum with backpacks, suitcases, trolleys and large bags /objects.

The potential issue is that my wife is a Type 1 diabetic and has to carry around certain medical items with her in a small shoulder sling bag.  The bag has the interior dimensions of probably an ipad mini.  Is there anyone that has gone on an excursion that went inside these places that can provide what they've seen on allowing or not allowing things like that?  Thanks in advance.

TXCruiser

Dont worry. That will absolutely not be a problem. I took a small backpack, big enough to hold my wallet, bottle of water and the other bits and pieces you would reasonably need to have with you for a day trip.

You can read about our visit to the Colosseum and Forum in my Odyssey recap blog here: 

Once again wanted to say thanks to @wordell1 and @FionaMG for providing their first hand experiences.  I initially called RC to ask them for more clarity while posting to this forum at the same time as a backup.  RC was supposed to call me the next day with an answer but I haven't heard another word from them.  I'm very grateful that this forum has such a helpful community of folks because otherwise I'd still be in the dark.