Face Masks on Cruise Ship?

On our end of April sailing out of Miami we didn't have to wear a mask anywhere.  Not on the flight down, the ports, ship, cabs, Mexico, Honduras, or the Bahamas and were really happily surprised.  During the morning announcements at each port the captain would report any covid protocols for each port so you should know before you get off.

Optional masks on the Oasis & the Allure. (March & May) We were told to make sure we had them when we disembarked at the ports, especially Aruba last week. Not once did we need them, even in Aruba; my daughter & I put them on in the taxi ride from He!! when we were squished in the van with 10-12 people just for peace of mind, there was some sneezing and we were testing for our sailing the next week but in retrospect we were probably fine. 

We never wore masks anywhere else & while some did we were very happy it was a personal choice. They were not mandated anywhere on the ships, so it was all smiles all day long!

Side note: Everyone seemed kind to each other no matter what their choice, I kept thinking all humanity should cruise;  all walks of life with so many differences coming together & all sailing in harmony! What a beautiful journey, I yearn for that on land!