A Tiny Slice of Mariner 5 night blog!

Neesa

Since my introduction to participating in a live blog with @Lovetocruise2002 on her Star Class take over I'm going to document our family sweet 16 celebration cruise. 

Note: Daughter celebrating, me still scratching my head looking at baby pics thinking where in the heck did the time go? I had her when I was 40, so shocked and happy! Please be kind and don't do the math! Best thing that ever happened to me, after meeting hubby of course, married 30 years in August....together 32 years. Harmony to celebrate our Anniversary 01 August!

Mariner of the Seas June 13-18, 2022

Cabin: 1804, it's been a 2X canceled cabin due to pandemic really happy to sail from this perspective. Bringing my motion patches just in case. VP Ocean view Panoramic Suite.

Royal Up Bid: Royal Suite still pending, while that would be nice I'm perfectly fine trying out the cabin I have.

Antigens negative yesterday, so happy! Stepping off the Allure last Sunday we all felt good but were just a little nervous, all for naught!

Concierge contact and host Dudley! Yay, we met him on the first sailing of the Adventure out of the Bahamas back in June 2021. Our only request was a private table for the three of us in the MDR. There are no birthday decorations at all on board as reflected by the cruise planner so I am just bringing some small sweet 16 items to decorate the cabin. The Labadee cabanas are really high so we are just going to skip breakfast and go over early for some chairs in our hidden nook. 

Embarkation lunch at Jaimies Italian. We have never dined there. We are doing MDR for a change for dinner. Asked for a table off to the side as it usually gets really loud in there.

Itinerary: Leaving out of Port Canaveral Terminal 5, Sea Day, Labadee, Sea Day, Coco Cay, Port Canaveral. A quick sailing, I will want to stay on for sure!

I asked Dudley if I could bring him anything and he needed some laundry detergent and such, I purchased and packed to discretly give to him, I was so happy he felt comfortable enough to ask. It made me feel good to get something he needed. 

We are driving over from Tampa FL to Port Canaveral today and staying in the Hampton at Port Canaveral. With the sailing embarkation on a Monday Interstate 4 is never fun, but on a Monday just no!  Would rather arrive a day earlier I'm just more comfortable because you just never know!

Please be patient and kind, this is my first time doing this blog thing alone, I will try to channel my inner Sabrina to make it as fun as possible. Mariner here we come!

Cabana prices are high!

Last pic was me last week in Labadee, that is what I plan to do this entire trip....I love the water!

Screenshot_20220611-120101_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20220610-224836_Chrome.jpg

Resized_Resized_20220318_105900.jpeg

@Lovetocruise2002 Well this is no intercontinental that's for sure. It's a clean Hampton with a pool, little gym and hot breakfast. About 2 miles from stepping on the ship. Definitely a place that gets the job done but no frills at all. There are a restaurant or 2 within walking distance. Good safe parking and decent area but again about as opposite as intercontinental as you can get as far as amenities, pretty much zero. But the staff here is sooo friendly!

I hope y'all have a great time!

Where are you parking?  We usually stay across the street at the Radisson; the Hampton is a little cheaper, 

I believe, but their cruise parking is really high.

We will be sailing Mariner next May, so I'm hoping for some juicy tidbits!

Happy birthday to your daughter!!!

@Floski We are parking inside the parking deck at the terminal. After a sailing we like to get in our car and go. This hotel has big beautiful spaces but no protection from the elements like hale, which sometimes are golfball size during raining season. I'm not a fan of the shuttle situation either, this hotel connected to the Home2 both offer the shuttle service which I can imagine will be super packed, almost everyone here is cruising today, I think 3 ships going out. 2 Royal, 1 Carnival. 

@Ampurp85I guess they are on it. I "clean" the room with clorox wipes and look around good. The floors today anyway are in great shape! 

Check in 1030, looks like a beautiful day!

@Floski I just went down to check for particulars. 25.00$ per night to leave car here in their lot. They have hired a third party shuttle that leaves at 1045 and 1115. If you want another time you must make your own arrangements. They do have sign ups so they know how many are going and what time they prefer. I hope this helps. 

Checked in waiting in the terminal, we had secured a 1030 check in. Nothing special for suites this early as far as check in. Regular line but it was so short, there was signage but the personnel said they weren't using it yet because it was early. Lots of parking, great parking garage with plenty of spaces this early. Staff here seems tired, and avoids eye contact probably exhausted. If you engage them with a smile they are kind in response.  

No special waiting area for suites, keys, pins it seems. We asked and they said just sit anywhere, they will call us. No worries we are here, the ship is there, my car is secure, all good!

20220613_100737.jpg

20220613_100758.jpg

20220613_100802.jpg

20220613_101353.jpg

20220613_103525.jpg

Boarding was a bit chaotic but we agreed as a family to just pack our patience and count our many blessings. A decent amount of stressed families cutting in line pushing by but in about 20 minutes we were onboard. First stop muster spot. Then we explored a bit before our 1200 Jamie's lunch. 

As an aside we met eatsleepcruise bloggers Heidi and Don, the light from these two the most amazing and kind people. They, their friends and hubby all took pictures for each other. What a great couple. 

Jamie's, well we had to wait in line a very long line for the WindJammer before we would arrive. There was another couple and us, I was shocked and when we left it was just us! 

We don't do phones at the dinner table so I only have a pic of the dessert but every dish was better then expected. We ordered smaller portions of all of the appetizers just so good!

Cabin 1804....drum roll please, yikes. We are so spoiled for sure. Couch was really stained, no ice in bucket, broken hangers and a missing garbage can. The bath and a half are so tiny after staying in the crown loft. The view is amazing. We see them and they see me, I have been floss dancing for everyone who looks up. 

Oh, Jamie's brought out a dessert with a candle, lit! I was shocked, All the servers sang and it was just so special. So long for now. Wifi slow having trouble with pics...

Cabin 1804 @Lovetocruise2002 it's super tight. I liked the 2 bedroom aft much better. The views are gorgeous, but for the four of you, no way. Maybe just the two of you, but it's so so tight. 

Oh and the room attendant worst attitude, worst one we have EVER encountered. Hopefully he is just having a bad day. He was miserable. When I asked for my tea kettle he said no, I asked for ice he said later. The bathroom with the missing garbage is not getting one, he said it broke. What? Just a hole in the bottom shelf, to the floor.

20220613_132538.jpg

20220613_132530.jpg

Dinner was nice, we had a quiet table on deck 3 next to a window where we could watch the sea outside. Our servers were very personable and it was quick, food was fine.  

Question, I never saw this before when our rooms were ready all the cabin doors are left wide open with your cards outside of course. Just seemed a bit off putting. 

20220613_180010.jpg

@Neesa no matter how many times we cruise, Sail-Aways never disappoint!  Every single time is exhilarating, filled with anticipation of a brand new journey.  I’d be right there with you doing “the floss dance”☺️!  I’ve never been on mariner or even read a Mariner live blog so I’m excited to follow.  Happy 16th to your daughter! Bon voyage!   

@Sweety yes. Perfect for two. Gorgeous view but spoiled by the Oasis class for sure. I think this itinerary is perfect for this ship. So looking forward to Labadee tomorrow. Mark cruise director "Bing Bong" reported 1200 kids on the ship. The ice show under the big top was our favorite ice show yet. The ship is packed, every venue but the cabin views, ahhh.. 1030 we are attending the loyalty show. Waiting on room service now...pics on the way!

So I've been trying, pics won't upload this morning when I can I will, for me when reading blogs my favorite part is the pics. 

We ordered from main dining room for breakfast, was amazed at the freshness and quality, we had power wraps and breakfast burritos. Tea, juice and fruit. It took a little longer then expected but it arrived hot, yes I said it...hot! Very nice leisurely staring out at that view. 

It's pretty quiet up here except for the occasional golf balls bouncing around but we have a reprieve it is windy, so it's rocky no goofball above noises as of yet! Last night was a slightly different story.

Oh, not as rocky as I thought it would be. Still patch free but we will see, the Oasis in March still the most uncomfortable as far as motion for me. 

I thought I would miss the balcony, never in 18 sailings have not had a balcony...I don't. 

That's all for now...

Oh I forgot, while up here the people watching is so much fun. We have a Happy Birthday sweet 16 banner hung here and while I'm dancing around and waving at everyone who looks up some yell up happy birthday as they can see the banner. What fun. Some really warm and fuzzy feelings about humanity with this cabin experience. The windows take over my psyche and the dancing, waving and silly faces with the little ones, fun fun fun!

I stayed in 1810, which was right in front, and my internet was pretty bad. I could post but had to go on deck and do the pictures. The views are stunning, but I hate being at the front of the ship. Do you find the captains announcements to be loud?

I would also agree that "Under....." is one of the best Ice shows, it is so funny and entertaining.

I have a program on my phone that reduces image sizes so they upload better over Voom.  The stuff straight from a phone camera is typically 3MB or more in file size so by reducing them to 1200 pixels on the long edge they end up typically under 500kB which uploads so much better over Voom.  I've been using this approach for years.