UDP, Izumi Hibachi, and Rolls/Sushi/Sashimi

MattG

Hi everyone, 

Apologies if this has been covered in a previous post, I did a cursory search and didn't have any luck. 

We're sailing on Oasis and have UDP, and want to do hibachi. We understand the $10 up-charge  and are fine with that. When it comes to the additional menu items on the Hibachi menu (signature rolls, chef's signature rolls, sushi and sashimi), does UDP cover that too? If so, to what amount? Or is that always "cash"?

Since someone with UDP can hit up multiple dining venues per day, can you go to Izumi Sushi first, order, and have that moved to your hibachi table? 

Think of the $35 limit as a per meal at Izumi including the hibachi and sushi. The hibachi costs $45, thus the $10 upcharge. Adding sushi to that meal will be more out of pocket. You would need to make a separate sushi reservation before your hibachi reservation for your sushi to be covered and close the check out there as stated.

The Hibachi is a lot of food.  I could never eat both, back to back.  But you can certainly do it.  Some Hibachi places have charged me the $10 extra, and some have not, even though they say there is an upcharge.   I would suggest you make reservations the same night, one early dining and 1 late dining.  Hibachi takes 2 hours+.  Just enjoy!

12 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

UDP covers $35 at Izumi, so you could get some rolls, close your check and then hit hibachi.

11 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

You would need to make a separate sushi reservation before your hibachi reservation for your sushi to be covered and close the check out there as stated.

That's what I'm thinking, thank you both for your concurrence!

11 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

Think of the $35 limit as a per meal at Izumi including the hibachi and sushi. The hibachi costs $45, thus the $10 upcharge. 

This is the best justification I've seen for the $10 upcharge

We have the UDP for the 2nd leg of our Oasis B2B - 1st is 9 days in a junior suite, so DH wants to hit Coastal Kitchen for dinner if we can. For the 2nd, 7 days, we thought we'd give it a whirl, figuring we can definitely hit all of them at one point or another.  Definitely want to try Central Park, I love Giovanni's, DH loves Chops. He won't eat sushi, but will eat Hibachi, so we're good there.  DH figures a beer & snacks at Playmakers late, El Loco Fresh & Portside BBQ for lunch, etc.  I'm just afraid we won't get our money's worth - 1 DD doesn't have a huge appetite (although her favorite dessert on Royal is the cheesecake with chocolate sauce, and that ALWAYS goes down well), & my doctor started me on a new medication that has the effect of delaying gastric emptying - ie, stomach stays full longer -- and occasional side effect of nausea, meaning I can't or don't want to eat as much. It's been good in the sense that I am losing weight, which I definitely need to do, but will have to pick and choose what I actually eat.

Will they just serve me sushi if the rest of my family is doing hibachi? I love hibachi, but also like sushi, so was thinking maybe just doing 1 meal just sushi instead of hibachi, but I'm probably the only one who would want that.

@MaryCS62I think that will be a possibility. I was solo on Mariner and had the UDP but I wasn't hungry enough to do Hibachi, a group I became friendly with was doing Hibachi and invited me to their table. I enjoyed my Izumi items while they all had hibachi, I did order fried rice, so technically I was participating.