Navigator Embarkation

Okay...it's a new world.  First Royal Caribbean cruise post-pandemic (though I've already done two-B2B, July/Aug 2021-- on Celebrity Apex and two on Majestic Princess--Oct 2021 and April 2022)...

I booked this one REALLY late in the game--like a week ago--and it sails 2 weeks from Monday...

Here's the question:  When filling out the check-in, earliedt boarding time I could get was 12:00-12:30...  When do they actually start boarding...IOW, what would the earliest boarding slot have been if I had booked a lot earlier?  I live over an hour from the port without traffic, so, with LA traffic on a Monday morning, it's really hard to judge when to leave home (probably Uber)...so, I would typically aim to get there a litte early.  I know they say not to get there outside your scheduled time...but, will it really be an issue?  I am Diamond C&A if that makes a difference...

Thanks...

12 minutes ago, Bruin Steve said:

Okay...it's a new world.  First Royal Caribbean cruise post-pandemic (though I've already done two-B2B, July/Aug 2021-- on Celebrity Apex and two on Majestic Princess--Oct 2021 and April 2022)...

I booked this one REALLY late in the game--like a week ago--and it sails 2 weeks from Monday...

Here's the question:  When filling out the check-in, earliedt boarding time I could get was 12:00-12:30...  When do they actually start boarding...IOW, what would the earliest boarding slot have been if I had booked a lot earlier?  I live over an hour from the port without traffic, so, with LA traffic on a Monday morning, it's really hard to judge when to leave home (probably Uber)...so, I would typically aim to get there a litte early.  I know they say not to get there outside your scheduled time...but, will it really be an issue?  I am Diamond C&A if that makes a difference...

Thanks...

Earliest check in times have been 1030am.

Boarding times have been about the same, although that's controlled by the CPB, so it's not the same every week. 

As for enforcement of allowing ppl in the terminal based on their check in times, it's SUPPOSED to be enforced across the board, but in reality, that's a port decision. I've seen it enforced in Miami/FLL, but not in Canaveral/Bayonne. If you get there ahead of your scheduled check in time, you may have to wait to allow those that have times ahead of yours to be checked in 1st. 

Finally, C&A Status would only really matter if you had the 1st boarding times as that's how they would (normally) start the boarding process (Pinnacle/Suites, Key, D+, Diamond and so forth). If boarding has already started, C&A status wouldn't matter as you would just board the ship. 

As with all things now a days, YMMV. 

We had the 12:00 boarding time on Navigator and did not have any issues getting onboard quickly. We had all our paperwork printed and out in our hands and breezed through the first small check in tent. Once past there it was really quick in the main building to get on the ship. There was a large group that did not have all their documents together that slowed us down only a little bit in the beginning but they let us go around them. Won't say this is normal but was what happened to us.

We've been on Navigator three times this year.  Each time check in has been a breeze.  We've always picked the 12:00 p.m. slot.   We have been a little early each time and they let us board right away.  No delays.  From arriving at the port, parking, going through check in - the whole process took less than 30 minutes.

On 6/11/2022 at 2:36 PM, JC Pats said:

. I've seen it enforced in Miami/FLL, but not in Canaveral/Bayonne. If you get there ahead of your scheduled check in time, you may have to wait to allow those that have times ahead of yours to be checked in 1st. 

Finally, C&A Status would only really matter if you had the 1st boarding times as that's how they would (normally) start the boarding process (Pinnacle/Suites, Key, D+, Diamond and so forth). If boarding has already started, C&A status wouldn't matter as you would just board the ship. 

If you experienced a “just board when you want” at Bayonne from the restart this past year it must have been a one off.  I’ve sailed out of there a dozen times since restart and they’ve been very strict.  The only way you might  get in early is if the line moves along quickly and they call the next time slot to start entering the terminal.

the one sailing I did out of Miami they didn’t seem to care what tons your arrival time was. I’ve no idea if that’s typical.

as for C&A Pinnacle might have an ability to board early, as do certain Suite guests, but Diamond Plus and Diamond are not offered early boarding perks based on their C&A status, nor a separate line since the restart.  At least not in Bayonne and I didn’t  see it it Miami, nor the Bahamas.