Bottled Water

Yes, you can.

"Guests may also bring non-alcoholic beverages as carry-on items on boarding day. Non-alcoholic beverages may not exceed 12 standard (17 oz.) cans, bottles or cartons per stateroom. Milk and distilled water brought on for infant, medical, or dietary use are permitted. "

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/food-drink-onboard-policy

2 hours ago, FirstFamCruise said:

Adding on to this question, I'm also a new cruiser and plan to take this on. Any tips / recommendations for carrying on the water? Esp if our rooms aren't ready right away, I can imagine this would be best in a roller bag?

Previously I have used one of those spinner carry on bags. I use it to put the water in there and our extra clothes. 

Adding on to this question, I'm also a new cruiser and plan to take this on. Any tips / recommendations for carrying on the water? Esp if our rooms aren't ready right away, I can imagine this would be best in a roller bag?

Yep, bring the water on in your carry-on.  This is not intended to be a wise guy comment, I'm only saying this because you say you're a "new cruiser", they do sell bottled water on the ship and it will be cold if purchased at a bar and won't break while in your carry-on.  Also, if you purchase any of the drink packages, I believe they all include water.

Back during my Brand X days, we'd carry on Diet Coke, I think it was equivalent to 2 six packs.  It really wasn't worth the hassle, at least not for us.  

I have a small luggage with spinner wheels (the luggage can fit under an airplane seat.  I've used it for bottled water and 2 bottles of wine. If I needed to I would even go up a size to the luggage that can fit into an overhead bin.  The larger/standard size luggage would be a pain to drag around, regardless of the wheels on it.  That's just my experience.