Crown & Anchor Perks Question

Over my next few cruises, I will cross over to Emerald status and then to Diamond. I have additional cruises booked out beyond that and know I can't use my increased C&A status towards discounts on already booked reservations, but could I use my newer status to upgrade to a higher cabin category on those already booked cruises? Can't seem to find this particular scenario discussed anywhere.

I’m D+ and have never been offered an upgrade, I went so far as to ask Guest services on a recent cruise and was shot down “due to Covid” (getting tired of this excuse for everything,).

you can try to do a mock booking when you hit your new level and see if it offers a discounted price   I’ve repriced numerous cruises when there are various sales, I don’t see why this will be different 

10 minutes ago, Pattycruise said:

I’m D+ and have never been offered an upgrade, I went so far as to ask Guest services on a recent cruise and was shot down “due to Covid” (getting tired of this excuse for everything,).

you can try to do a mock booking when you hit your new level and see if it offers a discounted price   I’ve repriced numerous cruises when there are various sales, I don’t see why this will be different 

Thank you. This helps a lot. 🙂

When doing a mock booking don't forget to click on the "Apply a promo code and exclusive rates discount." once you add all of the possible discounts the page will select the discount that gives you the best bang for the buck.  I always put in my C&A number,  Residence (California),  Senior 55+ and then click continue.  RCCL then updates the offer with the best discount available.  You rarely can use more than one additional code beyond what the sale promotion is offering.

Example: original Promo

image.thumb.jpeg.400360d5cebe5210aaf74df7ee59be5f.jpeg

I then apply all of the additional promo codes that apply to me  C&A discount, Residence (California), and Senior 55+ and RCCL comes back with the best promo available from my entries.

image.thumb.jpeg.9aa2c45e004c18404a73ac101c03715d.jpeg

Sometimes the C&A discount isn't better than the other promos that you may qualify for and don't forget to use all that apply. In this instance, my California Residency discount is better than my C&A discount (Or my C&A applies only after I choose a balcony or above further into the booking process.) I am a D+ by the way just for reference.

Happy Sailing.

17 minutes ago, BigKarl said:

When doing a mock booking don't forget to click on the "Apply a promo code and exclusive rates discount." once you add all of the possible discounts the page will select the discount that gives you the best bang for the buck.  I always put in my C&A number,  Residence (California),  Senior 55+ and then click continue.  RCCL then updates the offer with the best discount available.  You rarely can use more than one additional code beyond what the sale promotion is offering.

Example: original Promo

image.thumb.jpeg.400360d5cebe5210aaf74df7ee59be5f.jpeg

I then apply all of the additional promo codes that apply to me  C&A discount, Residence (California), and Senior 55+ and RCCL comes back with the best promo available from my entries.

image.thumb.jpeg.9aa2c45e004c18404a73ac101c03715d.jpeg

Sometimes the C&A discount isn't better than the other promos that you may qualify for and don't forget to use all that apply. In this instance, my California Residency discount is better than my C&A discount (Or my C&A applies only after I choose a balcony or above further into the booking process.) I am a D+ by the way just for reference.

Happy Sailing.

This is great info! Thank you! I had been using a TA for a long time but started booking on my own with my last reservation. I didn't realize I could dive this deep. 🙂

2 hours ago, BigKarl said:

Happy Sailing.

I recall a mock booking I did (pre-Covid) where the C&A gave me a higher price (or would you say less of a discount).  I was super annoyed by that and when I told the TA what booking I wanted I told her to book it without the C&! # and we would add it later (and I told her why).
So, the lesson I learned that day was to run my mock bookings with each item and then remove some of the items....it's time consuming but worth it if it saves me $. *This was before I hit Diamond/Diamond +