Internet Packages - How Do They Work? Am I able to do this...

Hi Everyone!

My name is Chris and I am a first time cruiser (I will be sailing with Royal Caribbean January 2023)
I was looking at the internet packages and was curious about something and wanted to know how they work...

I noticed that the cost for internet packages was much more if I purchased them per person (1 device each) however, it costs about 30% less if I only buy the internet package for myself with 3 devices. How does that work and what's the difference? Can I just purchase the package for myself and have each person I'm traveling with use their own device?

It's just a little confusing..

Thank you for your help! Much appreciated!

Each internet package has its own login, so if you want to share you can share the login and then however many devices you have are supported.  Once you reach that limit, it will start logging out previously logged in devices.  

• I buy a package of 4 devices  with one internet log in.  I share the login with my family of 6.  It is not ideal, because as Matt said, when person #5 decides to log in it will knock out one of the previous 4 people, and the cycle continues.  But is is cheaper to buy it under one person than to buy 4 separate log ins.

I have shared one device with another person multiple times.  You just know when you get kicked out it is the other person.  If you have 4 devices it works the same way.  When person 5 signs on it kicks person 1 out.  With one device I know who it is.  With multiple you do not know who is kicking off and who is being kicked off.

Note:  it works the same way with my cell phone and computer.  Both cannot be connected at the same time.  I have to kick the other one off.

We've always gotten the 3 device package, one device for each of us. On one of our recent cruises my wife was using two devices, her phone and her kindle. She kept having problems when she wanted to switch, so on recent cruises we have gotten the 4 device option, much better. She just never understood that you could logout one session then login the next device. Oh well, you know the saying. Happy wife, happy life.