xSAILEDx Oasis of the Seas Jun 17-24 2022

1 hour ago, MTNeedsAVacay said:

2 more days! We took our unvaccinated 3 year old for her PCR test yesterday and already got the negative results back! The rest of the group is going for antigen tests today.

Where did you get the 3 yr olds PCR test done?

I am super excited to get on board. I can't wait. We have a large group and about half us have already tested negative. Unfortunately one family member did have an invalid test and will be going to get tested again tomorrow. We used a site called curative.com the results came back so quickly as they used the rapid pcr test. 

11 negative tests for our group! We have 11am check-in times. Although I did notice my 2 kids' check-in times randomly changed to 10am?? Anyone else randomly have their check-in time changed? Can't change it back to 11 as the only other times shown are 10am or 2pm. Either way, we are driving up from VA tomorrow morning, so it would take a miracle to get everyone up and on the road in time to be there by 10am, so we'll all just plan to board at 11.

Safe travels everyone! One more sleep!

7 hours ago, MTNeedsAVacay said:

11 negative tests for our group! We have 11am check-in times. Although I did notice my 2 kids' check-in times randomly changed to 10am?? Anyone else randomly have their check-in time changed? Can't change it back to 11 as the only other times shown are 10am or 2pm. Either way, we are driving up from VA tomorrow morning, so it would take a miracle to get everyone up and on the road in time to be there by 10am, so we'll all just plan to board at 11.

Safe travels everyone! One more sleep!

that I so weird. I double checked our times and they were not changed. Safe travels!

How has your cruise been.  We are on the next sailing.  Hopefully you can please answer some questions.

How was the staff did you feel they were understaffed?

How was the seas (was it a smooth ship)?

Were you at full capacity ?

How was Coco Cay with 2 ships being docked there?

How were the shows and what stood out?

Thank you for your time.  

On 6/22/2022 at 11:50 PM, Coach9 said:

How has your cruise been.  We are on the next sailing.  Hopefully you can please answer some questions.

How was the staff did you feel they were understaffed?

How was the seas (was it a smooth ship)?

Were you at full capacity ?

How was Coco Cay with 2 ships being docked there?

How were the shows and what stood out?

Thank you for your time.  

Apologies for the delay in responding. At this point, you are already onboard, but i'll still share my experience in case others are wondering!

How was the staff did you feel they were understaffed? - I didn't necessarily feel anything was severely understaffed, but it was CROWDED. Our biggest negative experience WRT the crowding was in the MDR. We had my time dining, but requested a table for first seating when we boarded. On the morning of day 2, we received a notice that we were taken off the waitlist and given a table (for 7 people) for 5:30 seating. But when we arrived at the MDR to sit at our table, we were packed in like sardines in our section. It was a nightmare trying to maneuver around all the chairs and tables to get to our seats, and once at the table, it was entirely too small for 7 people. Our waiters that night were doing their absolute best, but it just seemed they tried to cram way too many people into the MDR. In all honesty, they never should have given us a table for early seating and should have made us keep the MTD, but we definitely appreciated the effort they made to accommodate us. We ended up eating in the Windjammer the rest of the cruise, which was just fine.

How was the seas (was it a smooth ship)? - Never felt the ship! Very smooth sailing.

Were you at full capacity ? - I don't know exact numbers, but I'm fairly certain we were over 6,000. I overheard a manager in the Windjammer say something about the next sailing having 500 more KIDS than our sailing, so I don't know if that's actually the case, but I wouldn't be surprised.

How was Coco Cay with 2 ships being docked there? - Good for us, as we got there first, a solid 2 or 3 hours before the Enchantment. The island felt pretty busy just from Oasis, and since Enchantment is so small, it didn't seem to make that much of a difference. We got off first thing in the morning and had our free reign to pick any chairs we wanted.

How were the shows and what stood out? - Aqua show was great, and my kids loved the ice skating show. Cats was just meh - the actors and costumes were wonderful, I think it's just the play in general wasn't our thing.

Hope you enjoy your sailing!

• AshleyDillo changed the title to xSAILEDx Oasis of the Seas Jun 17-24 2022
  • 4 weeks later...

How was the boarding process?  I am hearing on other cruise lines it is taking hours to board people. We are going on a cruise next June. We are hoping to get an early boarding time. Any suggestions on how to get an 11AM-12PM boarding time?