No more Covid test requirements to fly into U.S.

34 minutes ago, GatorCruiser said:

You have officially MADE MY DAY! I have been stressing about our return to US from Amsterdam in August.  Seriously, I feel a huge weight has been lifted off me.  I was so worried that we wouldn't have good enough WiFi on the ship to test properly the day before disembarkation. 

54 minutes ago, TXcruzer said:

Testing to cruise is not a CDC requirement 

I think it is? Like it's voluntary ("Voluntary") as far as the cruise lines opting in, but if they want to claim to be "highly vaccinated" and all that goes with it then they have to meet a vaccination and testing threshold? Seems like if testing weren't required by the "opt in" then they could just take vaccinated customers and leave the testing alone unless you're not vaccinated? There's got to be some rhyme or reason to that.

1 hour ago, TXCruiser said:

Too bad I already had a 6 pack of Binax Now AG tests delivered to the house last week for our return flights from our Wonder of the Seas cruise next month 😞

Same here, we bought 7 $$$😲 Leaving this Wednesday.

2 hours ago, alamode123 said:

I thought that was the cruise companies choice.

2 hours ago, TXcruzer said:

But the requirement to follow overly strict protocols to sail IS a CDC requirement. Cruise lines could opt to not require testing but that would limit the ability to meet even crazier requirements from CDC.

2 hours ago, TXcruzer said:

But, is it a recommendation?  If it is, a company would be crazy, especially a cruise company, not to follow the CDC recommendations.  Can you imagine the law suites that would be filed if people got sick and the company did not following the CDC's "recommendations".  I think it has been well established that the CDC has a special place in their not so good part of their heart for the Cruise industry.  

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/cruise-travel-during-covid19.html#before-you-board

Cruise Ship Travel During COVID-19

Updated Mar. 30, 2022

Testing

• If you are up to date with your COVID-19 vaccines, you must get tested with a viral test no more than 3 days before boarding a cruise ship [3].
  • If you are fully vaccinated [4] for COVID-19, you must get tested with a viral test no more than 2 days before boarding a cruise ship.
  • If you are not fully vaccinated for COVID-19, you must get tested with a viral test no more than 3 days before boarding a cruise ship. You will be tested again by the cruise ship personnel on embarkation day before boarding. One of your two tests must be a nucleic acid amplification test (NAAT) such as RT-PCR.

1 hour ago, HeWhoWaits said:

But the requirement to follow overly strict protocols to sail IS a CDC requirement. Cruise lines could opt to not require testing but that would limit the ability to meet even crazier requirements from CDC.

I say give it a few more months I think by the end of 2022 cruise lines will drop the CDC recommended pre-cruise COVID test. 

We are getting there slowly but surely, dropping the testing requirement for international passengers flying into the US is huge and long over due.  

1 hour ago, CruisingSteve said:

Many countries they sail to require vaccines and/or negative tests before visitors are allowed.

So far 61 countries no longer require international travelers to present a negative test to enter including a few Caribbean Islands (which have seen their vaccination rates jump) and on Sunday at midnight that number becomes 62 as the US joins the list.

If some articles are to be believed by the end of July the list of countries no longer requiring negative test should reach 100 or more as more and more countries continue to drop the testing requirement for entry.   I would appear as though governments around the world are finally realizing what normal everyday people have been saying for months if not a year or more which is we are going to have to learn to just live with COVID.

4 hours ago, GatorCruiser said:

Definitely great news! It wasn't long ago we were going to need 3 covid tests getting to and from our Greek Isle cruise in Oct, but as of Sat, we'll only need the one to board the cruise. Hopefully by Oct that one will disappear too.

Happy Cruising!

4 hours ago, Bowen said:

I think it is? Like it's voluntary ("Voluntary") as far as the cruise lines opting in, but if they want to claim to be "highly vaccinated" and all that goes with it then they have to meet a vaccination and testing threshold? Seems like if testing weren't required by the "opt in" then they could just take vaccinated customers and leave the testing alone unless you're not vaccinated? There's got to be some rhyme or reason to that.

3 hours ago, HeWhoWaits said:

Testing is a qualifier to cruise at a certain lower level of restrictions; however it is NOT a CDC requirement to cruise period. 

3 hours ago, Suite Snob said:

But, is it a recommendation?  If it is, a company would be crazy, especially a cruise company, not to follow the CDC recommendations.  Can you imagine the law suites that would be filed if people got sick and the company did not following the CDC's "recommendations".  I think it has been well established that the CDC has a special place in their not so good part of their heart for the Cruise industry.  

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/cruise-travel-during-covid19.html#before-you-board

Cruise Ship Travel During COVID-19

Updated Mar. 30, 2022

Testing

• If you are up to date with your COVID-19 vaccines, you must get tested with a viral test no more than 3 days before boarding a cruise ship [3].
  • If you are fully vaccinated [4] for COVID-19, you must get tested with a viral test no more than 2 days before boarding a cruise ship.
  • If you are not fully vaccinated for COVID-19, you must get tested with a viral test no more than 3 days before boarding a cruise ship. You will be tested again by the cruise ship personnel on embarkation day before boarding. One of your two tests must be a nucleic acid amplification test (NAAT) such as RT-PCR.

The CDC also RECOMMENDS testing before and after flying; but the airlines don’t mandate it.  

8 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Boy, is that confusing !!  Both immediately before and immediately below that banner are contradicting statements indicating that you must test before flying into the US or have a recovery letter.

10 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Boy, is that confusing !!  Both immediately before and immediately below that banner are contradicting statements indicating that you must test before flying into the US or have a recovery letter.

Hmmm, a federal agency producing conflicting statements!! Who would have guessed