Unlimited dining issues in cruise planner

FrHoffard

We purchased the unlimited dining package for our 7 night October cruise but both the app and calendar on the website say it's a 3-night dining package.  Will the ship honor my receipt and give us the unlimited package as advertised in the cruise planner,  that it was for every night of our sailing and lunch on sea days?  I called and they resent my receipt but said that was all they could do.  

7 hours ago, FrHoffard said:

We purchased the unlimited dining package for our 7 night October cruise but both the app and calendar on the website say it's a 3-night dining package.  Will the ship honor my receipt and give us the unlimited package as advertised in the cruise planner,  that it was for every night of our sailing and lunch on sea days?  I called and they resent my receipt but said that was all they could do.  

That is weird and usually what reflect on the app is what reflects on the ship. If you called and the rep sees on their end you have UDP, then don't worry it should be okay. But if the rep saw it as the 3n in their system, I would make sure its not a glitch. 

8 hours ago, FrHoffard said:

Yes it is

That explains it! I'm not sure if they're going to honor it as a UDP or not.

Did they detail anything concerning it in your letter about the change? I know they're letting you keep your cruisefare pricing but I'm not sure if they're honoring the packages at the 3 night cost or not. 

I do recall it was discussed somewhere here on the boards from someone with the same situation but no one has reported back any outcome.

1 hour ago, AshleyDillo said:

That explains it! I'm not sure if they're going to honor it as a UDP or not.

Did they detail anything concerning it in your letter about the change? I know they're letting you keep your cruisefare pricing but I'm not sure if they're honoring the packages at the 3 night cost or not. 

I do recall it was discussed somewhere here on the boards from someone with the same situation but no one has reported back any outcome.

I purchased the UDP after they changed over to the longer sailing.   My receipt shows it was UDP, not the 3 night UDP and I have screen shots printed of the booking I made that says it's for each night and lunch on sea days to take with me.  I'll keep an eye on it and will call RC again closer to the sailing if it continues to show incorrectly on my planner. 😊  

I already got cancelations and refunds for all the items I had purchased in the planner before they extended the sailing.  The rates for all that like the beverage packages have updated in the planner for the longer sailing.   The refreshment beverage package will now be over $400 for us if we were to repurchase it but I'm pretty sure we won't do that.