Abbott BinexNOW or nothing? Really confused...

Sailing on Harmony on September 18. I understand that we'll have to test 48 hours prior to sailing, it has to be an antigen or PCR test. Are the Abbott tests the ONLY tests accepted? I have at-home tests available already, and have researched having those tests proctored by On Point testing. I'm also looking at having testing done by a local pharmacy (in Atlanta) before making the drive to Florida. I'm just really confused and perplexed - I know we have to eat the cost, but money is an issue that has to be considered. 

I appreciate any clarification y'all can give me and my family. And thanks to Matt for offering the forums.  🤔😉🛳️

1 hour ago, Magic One said:

Sailing on Harmony on September 18. I understand that we'll have to test 48 hours prior to sailing, it has to be an antigen or PCR test <as far as royal is concerned, they are both the same.. Are the Abbott tests the ONLY tests accepted? <Nowhere on Royal Caribbean's website does it say that the Abbott test is the only test accepted I have at-home tests available already, and have researched having those tests proctored by On Point testing < go for it . I'm also looking at having testing done by a local pharmacy (in Atlanta) before making the drive to Florida. I'm just really confused and perplexed - I know we have to eat the cost, but money is an issue that has to be considered. 

I appreciate any clarification y'all can give me and my family. And thanks to Matt for offering the forums.  🤔😉🛳️

1 hour ago, Magic One said:

Are the Abbott tests the ONLY tests accepted? I have at-home tests available already, and have researched having those tests proctored by On Point testing. I'm also looking at having testing done by a local pharmacy (in Atlanta) before making the drive to Florida. I'm just really confused and perplexed

They are not the only tests accepted.  Not sure where the confusion lies on Royal's FAQ about testing.  You can take any test that fulfills the requirements they list.

In the FAQ it says this

Tests We Do Not Accept

• Antibody tests are not accepted, as they do not detect a current infection.
  • Home test kits that are self-administered at home, and not supervised live by a telehealth professional, are also not accepted.
  • Supervised telehealth tests are not accepted for unvaccinated guests – only for vaccinated guests.

Item #2 says home kits self administered and not supervised live by a telehealth professional are not accepted.  If you have a home kit and get a supervised telehealth proctor like onpoint I believe it will meet the criteria of an approved test-because it is supervised.  The Binax Now test kits were a way for Royal to make it easier for the Royal Passenger  ---when testing requirements started  there were not many telehealth professional nor home kits around and we all were trying to figure out how to get testing done.  

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, and I fully understand that I may be, probably am.

So, here goes.  An at home test that is proctored, the results provided by the monitoring company doesn't have to have a CLIA number on the results documents. Why? Because it isn't a lab.  It has to have a Certification Number, I think that is what you mean by "stamp", @Ampurp85.  Why do I think that, well an at home proctored test doesn't involve a "LAB".  Nope, it involves a computer, an Internet connection, a prepackaged testing kit, that no medical personnel handles with you, your kitchen or where ever you are located and a person at the other end of the internet connection that has been "Certified" (what ever that is/involves) to watch a Zoom/Facetime type connection, he/she actually doesn't perform any testing, touch any testing equipment or a patient of any type.  The CLIA number is for actual labs that test specimens and produce documentation +/- of their actually tested in their hands.  This is why I think Royal says, "CLIA Number" or "Certification Number".  One, the Certification Number is for the proctor and/or his/her company OR two, the CLIA Number is of the labs that actually tests specimens that they physically have in hand an process in medically approved devices/chemicals.  I believe that is why some at home proctored results from various companies that provide that service don't have CLIA numbers, but do have some type of Certification numbers.

Thoughts?

35 minutes ago, Kathleen said:

My at home emed email results contained a CLIA logo with a Lab Director signature. 

That's because they also have a LAB that does specimen testing.  Not because you used the lab for your test!  They can probably use their CLIA number because it has a higher stature than a Certification Number. 

My iHealth results only had a "Certification" number.