I know it is asked a lot forgive me. Hotels with shuttles to the ship in Fort Lauderdale

I know when I cruised on Carnival people seemed to ask these questions a lot and did get old so forgive me. I am just trying to see what places you guys have stayed at that you recommend and also took you to the terminal the next morning. Trying to get all of my ducks in a row so it is as seamless as possible. Thanks in advance.

27 minutes ago, DuaneG said:

I know when I cruised on Carnival people seemed to ask these questions a lot and did get old so forgive me. I am just trying to see what places you guys have stayed at that you recommend and also took you to the terminal the next morning. Trying to get all of my ducks in a row so it is as seamless as possible. Thanks in advance.

Duane, there are lots of options.  Many on 17th Street Causeway just north of the port.  Many in the city of Dania Beach, just south of the Port and some West of the port on Griffin Road and I-95.  Some from inexpensive to some that are very expensive, some offer shuttle service to and from the port, some only to the port (at no extra charge) and some don't offer a shuttle at all.  

What I do, I go on Booking.com and search "Port Everglades".  That will give you a good idea of what is available and the approx., pricing.  When you find a hotel in the location that is good for you and a price that is about right for you, go on the hotels website and see what they offer, what is included.  We always call the actual hotel for their Shuttle information as the national website may not have that information.  

Now, I'm retired from Port Everglades and I'd stay at one of the hotels that are clustered on Griffin Road and I-95, right next/near to Brass Pro.  Great Location and a very short drive to the port, almost a straight shot.  BTW, I grew up about 1 mile from that location.  But, no hotels back then.  

Well, this is where we stayed in February.  They had a shuttle, don't remember if it was complimentary or if we paid for it, but it got us to the port.

Speaking of the hotel, it was dumpy, but no more so than any other hotel we've stayed at in Florida.  Online, all motels are gorgeous.  But it seems when we check in, the hotels never got the memo that they're supposed to be really nice.🥴  They're all the same. 

Screenshot 2022-06-09 at 15-12-26 Red Carpet Inn Airport_Cruiseport 2022 Room Prices Deals & Reviews Expedia.com.png

Screenshot 2022-06-09 at 15-36-15 Red Carpet Inn Airport_Cruiseport Hotel.png

8 minutes ago, WAYNO said:

Well, this is where we stayed in February.  They had a shuttle, don't remember if it was complimentary or if we paid for it, but it got us to the port.

Speaking of the hotel, it was dumpy, but no more so than any other hotel we've stayed at in Florida.  Online, all motels are gorgeous.  But it seems when we check in, the hotels never got the memo that they're supposed to be really nice.🥴  They're all the same. 

Screenshot 2022-06-09 at 15-12-26 Red Carpet Inn Airport_Cruiseport 2022 Room Prices Deals & Reviews Expedia.com.png

I totally get that and it is just a place to lay our head for the night before we get onboard to our nice accommodations. Thank you for the help.

31 minutes ago, WAYNO said:

Screenshot 2022-06-09 at 15-36-15 Red Carpet Inn Airport_Cruiseport Hotel.png

I have to disagree re: dumpy hotels in FL. In Fort Lauderdale we have everything from the dump you stayed in above to the 5 star Ritz Carlton Fort Lauderdale beach resort. It all boils down to what you are willing to pay. As a local, I would have advised you to stay away from this hotel at all costs as it’s certainly a dump. 

32 minutes ago, DuaneG said:

I totally get that and it is just a place to lay our head for the night before we get onboard to our nice accommodations. Thank you for the help.

I can help you decide but the time of year dictates the price of the hotel. During season (Oct - March) that dump of a Red Carpet Inn referenced above can cost a significant amount of money per night and the hotels on the beach get $1000+/night. 

36 minutes ago, Pooch said:

I currently have reservations at the Four Points Sheraton ($190) and the Springhill Suites ($225) both in Dania Beach for our October Explorer cruise out of POM.  Not a bad price & Marriots usually have a good standard of quality.

This is the perfect area for either port as it’s close to the airport and quick access to the highway. 

5 hours ago, tonyfsu21 said:

I can help you decide but the time of year dictates the price of the hotel. During season (Oct - March) that dump of a Red Carpet Inn referenced above can cost a significant amount of money per night and the hotels on the beach get $1000+/night. 

We are staying the night of the 26th of November so not really peak time

This past January, we stayed at the Four Points Sheraton located at 18th Street and Highway 1. It was nice enough, but if I stayed there again, I would request a room on the east side of the hotel, away from Hwy1. The street is incredibly busy with A LOT of noise.

FYI: Whatever you book, keep checking the going rates. Just about everywhere was close to the $300 range until about 2 weeks before. The prices for some then started to dip into the $220-$250 range. I cancelled and rebooked our hotel about 1 week prior when the price went down a again from $227 to $187.

7 hours ago, DuaneG said:

We are staying the night of the 26th of November so not really peak time

Embassy Suites on 17th street (walking distance to Publix, Total Wine, restaurants) 

Hilton Garden Inn or Hampton Inn on Sterling Road & I-95 (close to Dania point for dinner exc) These options cheaper and still only 10 min from the port. 

If you have loyalty to a brand or certain preferences regarding amenities I can narrow it down. 99% of the hotels in the greater Fort Lauderdale area have a shuttle service option to the port so that’s not really an issue. It’s easier to dial in a choice based on hotel brand loyalty, dining preferences exc.  

We have stayed twice at the Best Western Plus Oceanside Inn on Seabreeze Boulevard. The location is great and there's a decent included breakfast. They don't do a shuttle to the port but we just used a taxi the first time and uber (or maybe it was lyft) the second time.

https://www.bestwestern.com/en_US/book/hotels-in-fort-lauderdale/best-western-plus-oceanside-inn/propertyCode.10212.html

2 hours ago, Cruisin and Boozin said:

Thoughts on best western airport/ cruise port Ft Lauderdale @tonyfsu21?

I would say “no go”. There are better options in closer proximity to the port & amenities then this place. It’s not a dump but I would rate it maybe 1/2 a point higher then a dump. Focus the search in Dania Beach where there are lots of newer and still decent priced options. 

1 hour ago, Riley said:

Just checked - we stayed at the Fairfield Inn in Dania Beach - free shuttle pick up from the airport and I think $15 each shuttle to the cruise terminal. It was an okay stay but there are not a lot of restaurants within walking distance, depending on when you arrive.

Not a bad location at all and some great spots are a 5 minute Uber ride (see pic). Rustic Inn garlic crabs are THE BEST! Also, Dania Pointe is on Sterling Road about 5 minutes in the other direction which has many dining options all in one place. 

A690FF94-8254-4DE2-AE70-B03B391E4398.jpeg

• 8 months later...
1 hour ago, Kathleen said:

@tonyfsu21reviving a thread for further recommendations. Our son is a Hyatt employee and we often get to use his discount. I see there is a Hyatt Place and Hyatt House near the port. Thoughts on those. We don’t mind paying more for nicer accommodations so if you believe something is better let us know. TIA

Great location. 3-5 min walk to Dania Pointe which has many dining and convenience venues. 15 min (or less) ride share to the port.  

2 hours ago, Kathleen said:

@tonyfsu21reviving a thread for further recommendations. Our son is a Hyatt employee and we often get to use his discount. I see there is a Hyatt Place and Hyatt House near the port. Thoughts on those. We don’t mind paying more for nicer accommodations so if you believe something is better let us know. TIA

@Kathleen I've noticed that Hyatt House usually has free breakfast while Hyatt Place may or may not. If it's important to you, I'd double check. Just FYI!